Why become a member? ×

String Busters and amazing DR high beams!!

bubinga5

I just recieved some DR Hi Beams from String Busters..First i should say that i ordered them online at 8.00 pm one night and amazingly they came the next morning!!?? Now thats good service!!

So i put them on the Lakland which has Nordies and a Glockenklang pre and just sounds amazing anyway..i put these on, and was blown away! For real, these are the best strings i have ever played on a bass..(and i think i have tried them all)...They feel great aswell.. They are expensive but well worth it..I will use these strings exclusively now, i love them..

I cant wait to try them on the Jazz.

I applaud String Busters and DR's... :)

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='acidbass' post='523098' date='Jun 24 2009, 10:54 PM']Thinking about putting them on one of my Jazz basses. Are they really THAT good? I normally use Elixirs for that particular bass but am considering a change![/quote]

Yes i think they are that good...I would recommend them highly..the best string ive ever heard...they have a lovely quality sound to them..I could be wrong but i think there manufactured slightly differently to most strings....

Of course they may not be for everyone, they are bright..but they make different types..

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='523093' date='Jun 24 2009, 10:50 PM']I just recieved some DR Hi Beams from String Busters..First i should say that i ordered them online at 8.00 pm one night and amazingly they came the next morning!!?? Now thats good service!!

So i put them on the Lakland which has Nordies and a Glockenklang pre and just sounds amazing anyway..i put these on, and was blown away! For real, these are the best strings i have ever played on a bass..(and i think i have tried them all)...They feel great aswell.. They are expensive but well worth it..I will use these strings exclusively now, i love them..

I cant wait to try them on the Jazz.

I applaud String Busters and DR's... :rolleyes:[/quote]My brain is trying to get to grips with you ordering them at 8 pm, then, getting them the next morning. :)

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='steve-soar' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:10 PM' post='523122']
My brain is trying to get to grips with you ordering them at 8 pm, then, getting them the next morning. :)
[/quote
Yeah confused me..Not sure who they came by, not sure it was Royal Mail..

I was dumb struck when they were on my desk at work.

I found a set of DR sunbeams that i bought ages ago lying around the other day so decided to put them on my Jazz, Gotta say they sounded good but ive had one practice and one gig and they seem to have lost their shine already. I'll be sticking to D'addarios and Elixers thanks!

I will second Stringbusters anyway as they're very good.

Can't second Hi-Beams as I've not used them, but DR's Sunbeams are rather nice and do what I want from the requirements I ask for [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=42945"]here[/url].

[quote name='MythSte' post='523144' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:22 PM']I found a set of DR sunbeams that i bought ages ago lying around the other day so decided to put them on my Jazz, Gotta say they sounded good but ive had one practice and one gig and they seem to have lost their shine already. I'll be sticking to D'addarios and Elixers thanks![/quote]

I've never found DR's quick to go off...... quite the reverse actually.

Although lately they've stopped shrink wrapping the outer packaging which I've noticed affects the brightness out of the box

ATB
Mark