Why become a member? ×

Which 4x10

sshorepunk

Hi

I may be needing a 4x10 now, possibly 2!

The ideal rig for my band is probably an 8x10 and I have access to an old Hrtke 8x10 if I want it, but I don't wanna bust my balls anymore so 2 4x10's is gonna be a better option.

head is an EBS TD650, ideal pairing would be with 2 EBS 4x10, evven better would be 2 EBS Neo 410's but we are talking serious $$ there and I just can't do it.
The options are, from a quick browse round the web, Trace elliot, ashdown or one of the ampeg cabs
Looking for punchy mids and sweet low end, don't need zsingy highs just punchy, in yer face power

So let me know what you think, maybe a few of you wanna swap your EBS 4x10 for by EBS Neo 2x12 :)

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' date='Jun 19 2009, 05:02 PM' post='518624']
Hi

I may be needing a 4x10 now, possibly 2!

The ideal rig for my band is probably an 8x10 and I have access to an old Hrtke 8x10 if I want it, but I don't wanna bust my balls anymore so 2 4x10's is gonna be a better option.

head is an EBS TD650, ideal pairing would be with 2 EBS 4x10, evven better would be 2 EBS Neo 410's but we are talking serious $$ there and I just can't do it.
The options are, from a quick browse round the web, Trace elliot, ashdown or one of the ampeg cabs
Looking for punchy mids and sweet low end, don't need zsingy highs just punchy, in yer face power

So let me know what you think, maybe a few of you wanna swap your EBS 4x10 for by EBS Neo 2x12 :)

Tony
[/quote
you talking the older trace elliot cab?if so that would be the one i would choose,cant remember the wattage of them off hand thou.never tried the newer trace's but there seem alot more about now.ashdown abm 4x10 not bad either,lots of bands use those,as for ampeg the 4x10he i had didnt live up to my expectations.Best thing to do is try a few out if possible.

I have herard mixed reviews of the ampegs after trawling the www over the last few days!
It would have been the new TE 4x10's would have pumped for a deal on 2!

I just noticed EBS classic line 4x10, 1000 watt cabs now available for £559 at the Gallery, anyone had any experience of the Classic cabs?

Cheers

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='520034' date='Jun 21 2009, 04:26 PM']I just noticed EBS classic line 4x10, 1000 watt cabs now available for £559 at the Gallery, anyone had any experience of the Classic cabs?

Cheers

Tony[/quote]

I think JakeTenFloors would be able to give a decent review of these, if he doesnt pop up i'd shoot him a PM :)

What you [i]really[/i] want is 4 2x10s. Your back will thank you for it... As you have a TD650 that will run at 2 Ohms, you have a great deal of options cab wise...

Check out my EBS rig. (also read further comments in the thread - check my sig)

Now I understand that that is quite a pricey setup but there are cheaper options. My friend is running with Warwick 211s (2x10 cabs) and getting good results.

Thnaks for the comments!

I've owned an EBS proline 4x10 before, so I know it can bust your back a bit, hence the current 2x12 Neo EBS cab

Ideally would like to use EBS again, but $$ is probably going to be an issue, I need to make a few calls today, 3 x 2x10's does appeal though. also, with a 4x10, the ashdown classic neo cabs look like they may do the job, gonna give some a blast and check the weight today

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='520564' date='Jun 22 2009, 10:29 AM']Thnaks for the comments!

I've owned an EBS proline 4x10 before, so I know it can bust your back a bit, hence the current 2x12 Neo EBS cab

Ideally would like to use EBS again, but $$ is probably going to be an issue, I need to make a few calls today, 3 x 2x10's does appeal though. also, with a 4x10, the ashdown classic neo cabs look like they may do the job, gonna give some a blast and check the weight today

Tony[/quote]
did you try a ashdown neo cab?i want to try one to see the difference between that and my abm cab.Trouble is my local store dont seem very keen on getting any in,only the cheaper ashdowns.want to try out the new trace range as well but will have to drive miles for that i reckon.sorry to go abit off topic :)

Guest McBass

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='520604' date='Jun 22 2009, 11:23 AM']That is also an option!

43year old wuss who's carried a lot of cabs around, heed my warning young jedi[/quote]
Tony,i got the neo 410s so i didnt bust my balls,get a bank loan and buy them dude.They sound awesome :)

BErgantino NV610!!! Best sounding 810 that is really a 610. Is lighter than many 410's at 97lbs & is really easy to transport & sounds... well AWESOME!!!!!!!! is designed to sound like the ORIG. 810 Ampeg straight back from late 60's

Edited by rodl2005