Why become a member? ×

Sansamp Bass Driver - making up for the missing middle

mildmanofrock

Hi folks - just a quick question. Many people moan about the lack of middle control on the Sansamp bass driver, and that it seems to suck the middle from the sound.

Isn't an easy answer just to turn up the mids on the amp rather than spend the extra sponds on a Sansamp Paradriver with mid controls?

One more thing - Sansamp or Aguilar Tone Hammer - which one do you prefer? I feel some GAS coming on.

[quote name='mildmanofrock' post='518435' date='Jun 19 2009, 02:47 PM']Hi folks - just a quick question. Many people moan about the lack of middle control on the Sansamp bass driver, and that it seems to suck the middle from the sound.

Isn't an easy answer just to turn up the mids on the amp rather than spend the extra sponds on a Sansamp Paradriver with mid controls?

One more thing - Sansamp or Aguilar Tone Hammer - which one do you prefer? I feel some GAS coming on.[/quote]

Why don't you go for the Sansamp Paradriver insteads of the Bassdriver? It is very similar yet has the mid control the Bassdriver is missing :)

[quote name='cetera' post='518437' date='Jun 19 2009, 02:49 PM']Why don't you go for the Sansamp Paradriver insteads of the Bassdriver? It is very similar yet has the mid control the Bassdriver is missing :)[/quote]

Yeah, I might do that. Was just trying to save a bit of GAS cash, if whacking up my amp's mid knob did the trick.

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='518456' date='Jun 19 2009, 03:04 PM']An even easier solution is to [b]TURN DOWN [/b]the Bass and Treble on the SansAmp which has the effect of increasing the mid.

That's certainly what I've been doing for more years than I care to remember!! :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yeah - that's what the instructions say - I've tried doing that but it didn't seem to affect the middle at all. Maybe it's just my ears. :S

I've had a programmable bass driver a normal one and a para driver, for some reason i never truly got on with any of them, I bought an Aguilar tonehammer and have been happy since although I do keep getting the urge to try out the EBS micro bass II

:)

If you like the Sansamp tone, get the ParaDriver, you won't be dissapointed.
I was in a similar situation a while ago: I liked the tone of my Bass Driver but hated the midscoop so I sold it and got the Paradriver...happiest man in town since then :rolleyes:

If you are interested I'm about to sell mine, with my SVT I don't really need it now.

If you're going for overdriven tones, put a tubescreamer type pedal into it - the mid hump from that will help to counteract the BDDI's mid scoop! Many people use an EQ pedal too, or as you said crank the mids on the amp.

Or just buy a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48570&st=20"]VT Bass![/url]

Edited by dannybuoy