Why become a member? ×

interparcel economy

bassmansky

i might need a courier to pick up a bass cab and deliver to me.have read some of the pinned thread on here so thought i would get a quote from interparcel,standard is £22 +vat,economy £6.99 +vat.is it worth taking a chance on the cheaper option?Has anybody used the economy option?must be some small print somewhere :)

[quote name='bassmansky' post='515811' date='Jun 16 2009, 10:15 PM']i might need a courier to pick up a bass cab and deliver to me.have read some of the pinned thread on here so thought i would get a quote from interparcel,standard is £22 +vat,economy £6.99 +vat.is it worth taking a [b]chance on the cheaper [/b]option?Has anybody used the economy option?must be some small print somewhere :)[/quote]

If its a Glockenklang - No.
If its Behrenger - Yes, and hope it gets damaged... :rolleyes:

Garry

I went for the premium with insurance last week by request of the buyer. nearly £40.
they did this to it....

I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them now. and by the looks of it, they throw around their packages. its a musicman case.. they are ment to take some hammer but this takes the piss a little! in talks with them now for compo

I've used Interparcel a few times now too with no problem whatsoever (apart from one time where it was delivered late - they refunded everything in full) but I've always gone for enough compo to cover the items just in case like. But aren't they just the agent? Don't they bump (no pun) the gear onto DHL or whatever?

Jobiebass : let us know how you get on. I've always wondered how good the CS would be if you needed to put in a claim.

As far as I could tell the only difference with their cheaper options was the longer delivery time. They still offer the same insurance prices on their "economy" service, so why would they be more likely to damage stuff using that service? It wouldn't make sense.

FTR I shipped my Stingray to Spain using that service last week, it apparently arrived safe and sound today.

I've used Interparcel without any problems though I seem to remember that their T&Cs stipulate no magnetic material, which might cause problems if you have to make a claim for your speaker.

As far as I know Interparcel aren't a reseller - I've seen a large depot with their own artics in there and they have plenty of their own transits driving about town.

Edited by Musky

[quote name='Musky' post='516138' date='Jun 17 2009, 09:32 AM']I've used Interparcel without any problems though I seem to remember that their T&Cs stipulate no magnetic material, which might cause problems if you have to make a claim for your speaker.[/quote]

You'd also need to remove the pickups from your bass and post them separately. :)

S.P.

:)

Yeah, I just looked at their T&Cs to check and under Prohibited Items it says "Magnets or items containing ferro-magnetic material", which actually would include a lot of ordinary day to day items. Quite how they'd react to claim I wouldn't know.

Sp Far So good with Interparcel ( who i think just arrange the delivery with 4 other companies)

In fact got a refund last month cos they took 2 days instead of 24 hrs - no questions asked.

I always enclose the case in cardboard (not easy) as technically if u dont, the case is 'the packaging' and u cant claim for damged packaging, only if the contents itself ie the bass is also damaged

BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='516180' date='Jun 17 2009, 10:11 AM']I always enclose the case in cardboard (not easy) as technically if u dont, the case is 'the packaging' and u cant claim for damged packaging, only if the contents itself ie the bass is also damaged[/quote]

I couldn't find cardboard big enough to cover a bass case so I wrapped it in several layers of bubble wrap. I don't know how well that survived the trip but it looked pretty safe when they collected it. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='516342' date='Jun 17 2009, 12:40 PM']Part of their T&Cs is that it must be wrapped in cardboard - without it you aren't covered for damage.[/quote]

Oh yeah. I did try to find cardboard, maybe that's why...

As it was I wasn't too concerned about the case, it was a bit torn up to begin with. I just wanted more cushioning for the bass and to have something holding the latches shut.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='515841' date='Jun 16 2009, 10:33 PM']I went for the premium with insurance last week by request of the buyer. nearly £40.
they did this to it....

I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them now. and by the looks of it, they throw around their packages. its a musicman case.. they are ment to take some hammer but this takes the piss a little! in talks with them now for compo
[/quote]
hope you get it sorted jb.how on earth could they cause that much damage!i might risk them but will have to get the cab well wrapped up i think.thanks for all replys most seem positive except this disaster.