Why become a member? ×

FT: 2 x Aguilar DB112 Cabs *GONE*

Legion

Initially this is a for trade post but might turn into a for sale post if it does'nt work out.

Blimey, I just wrote a long story about why I'm doing this but decided its not really important so scrap that! I can elaborate if you really want to be bored.

Awesome cabs, great sound, lovely retro look in Chocolate Thunder. One with tweeter and one without, the tweeter one has a scuff in the tolex on top (covered by the head anyway) caused by my band (grrr..no comment).

Both have the fitted covers and are in perfect working order. I'll also chuck in the Aguilar Chocolate thunder headcase!

I'm looking to trade them for a pair of similar 112's - Aguilar GS preferred, will consider other things and willing to add funds if you've got Bergs to trade (unlikely I know).

As seen here...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45751&hl=bunny"]Choco[/url]

Edited by Legion

[quote name='Jesso' post='511498' date='Jun 11 2009, 06:15 PM']So you prefer the GS cabs then? Is it a rear vs front port thing?[/quote]

Long story short...

We were going to move house
It was a dream place, couple of acres but a small cottage
Needed something aesthetically nice as it would be stored in the living room
House thing fell through (gutted)
Band getting more gigs and travelling further
Cabs will get trashed on the road as evidenced by the guitarists efforts to break my stuff Monday night
So I just want some basic sturdy 112's and I loved the GS ones, I love these DB's but they are too nice to destroy

There :) my stupid loss by buying something really nice that I didnt really need (deja vu anyone?)

[quote name='Legion' post='511508' date='Jun 11 2009, 06:28 PM']There :) my stupid loss by buying something really nice that I didnt really need (deja vu anyone?)[/quote]

Amen that to that, brother! Good luck with doing a deal for what are perfectly understandable reasons.

If anyone here is thinking of doing business with Jas (and the DBs are great cabs so I don't see why not), I'd like to say he's a great guy and you can trade in confidence.

[quote name='Legion' post='511508' date='Jun 11 2009, 06:28 PM']Long story short...

We were going to move house
It was a dream place, couple of acres but a small cottage
Needed something aesthetically nice as it would be stored in the living room
House thing fell through (gutted)
Band getting more gigs and travelling further
Cabs will get trashed on the road as evidenced by the guitarists efforts to break my stuff Monday night
So I just want some basic sturdy 112's and I loved the GS ones, I love these DB's but they are too nice to destroy

There :) my stupid loss by buying something really nice that I didnt really need (deja vu anyone?)[/quote]

Understood. Im a totaly snob now Ive seen how nice cabs can look...so ill be making sure those covers go on INSTANTLY and no guitarist will be man-handling them! Well they better not!

The GS are still awesome anyway! I must say that pic of all your gear is amazing. All matches!

Update one this - I had some interest about the "other types" of cabs but have decided its either Aguilar GS stuff or nothing. I can't afford to be upgrading to Bergs right now, I need to generate cash not spend even more :)

So if you are the proud owner of a GS112 & GS112NT here's a chance to swap out to some retro DB's.

If I don't get any takers for that I'll probably end up selling. *sniffle*

Oh, or chaning my mind lol (always an option!)

What is apparent is that they are significantly different. I managed to crank the DB's up at home to quite high levels without everything in the room resonating in sympathy!Played at band practice tonight. More mids definitely and I like the way they insidiously penetrate the mix without getting extremely bassey.

If you slap a lot I suspect the GS's will be your friend.

Not a huge difference and I'm sure that EQing will level it even more but I'm very pleased. I hope Jas is too but he's owned GS's before so he knows what he's got anyway.

Aggy 112's, they're all good.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='513766' date='Jun 15 2009, 12:24 AM']What is apparent is that they are significantly different. I managed to crank the DB's up at home to quite high levels without everything in the room resonating in sympathy!Played at band practice tonight. More mids definitely and I like the way they insidiously penetrate the mix without getting extremely bassey.

[color="#008080"][b]If you slap a lot I suspect the GS's will be your friend[/b].[/color]

Not a huge difference and I'm sure that EQing will level it even more but I'm very pleased. I hope Jas is too but he's owned GS's before so he knows what he's got anyway.

Peter[/quote]

Ah!

I was wondering which ones to have a look at!!

That solves it -= for I am a slapper!

err... you know what I mean!

Peter,

My tactic is to outbass the keyboard player so I like to try and lay a big deep foundation underneath everything. The "cutting through" thing never seems to work quite right for me! Obviously why I've settled on P basses at last.

Won't rehearse with the GS cabs until Wednesday but playing around at the moment I still love the sound of them, and I don't have to worry about killing the guitarist for damaging these.... :) Glad you are liking the DB's

J

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='513766' date='Jun 15 2009, 12:24 AM']What is apparent is that they are significantly different. I managed to crank the DB's up at home to quite high levels without everything in the room resonating in sympathy!Played at band practice tonight. More mids definitely and I like the way they insidiously penetrate the mix without getting extremely bassey.

If you slap a lot I suspect the GS's will be your friend.

Peter[/quote]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='JTUK' post='545212' date='Jul 20 2009, 12:19 PM']So...what did you think about the diff between DB and GS 12's..??[/quote]

JTUK - I think you'll find Peter (Greene King) replied to that effect on pg 1. It's an interesting comparision.

From what Peter says (and you take this as considered and accurate) I'd love to try the DB's. I sold my MB SA450 and Aggy GS112 (x 2) a few months back and have pretty much regretted ever since.

Mark