Why become a member? ×

A new addition.....

Tinman

Guest subaudio

[quote name='Tinman' post='503988' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:04 PM']So I was in the States and stumbled across this in Guitar Center. :) I just had to bring it home :rolleyes:
[attachment=26435:Photo002.jpg]

Cheers

Pete[/quote]
Verrry nice ! what year is it ?

[quote name='Tinman' post='503988' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:04 PM']So I was in the States and stumbled across this in Guitar Center. :) I just had to bring it home :rolleyes:
[attachment=26435:Photo002.jpg]

Cheers

Pete[/quote]

Do you know your wife sometimes looks elsewhere than 'off topic'! :lol:

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='504037' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:45 PM']I love that matching headstock.

Want. Now.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought it was a nice touch too

[quote name='Hamster' post='504040' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:46 PM']Do you know your wife sometimes looks elsewhere than 'off topic'! :rolleyes:[/quote]

:) She told me to buy it!

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='504041' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:47 PM']I'm loving tort with white these days.[/quote]

Actually, I was wondering if a black one might look better.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='504041' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:47 PM']I'm loving tort with white these days.[/quote]

[quote name='Tinman' post='504050' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:54 PM']Actually, I was wondering if a black one might look better.[/quote]
Noooo, tort all the way. I want. My Retroactive was almost a white with tort plate. Sexy :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='504040' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:46 PM']Do you know your wife sometimes looks elsewhere than 'off topic'! ;)[/quote]

[quote name='Tinman' post='504050' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:54 PM']:lol: She told me to buy it![/quote]

Why is it when I look at that bass all I can see is two return air tickets to Sri Lanka floating off into the distance? :) :rolleyes: :D

[quote name='lozbass' post='504232' date='Jun 2 2009, 09:30 PM']That's lovely - some of my favourite features: white with tort and mhs! Clearly a man of taste.[/quote]

Why thank you kind sir :) I'm really quite pleased with it.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='504331' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:08 PM']Very nice too! And what's more, a bass bought with 'the wife's' blessing... now that is special! :rolleyes:[/quote]
You're right Nik, it does give it that extra meaning when that happens

[...]

Cheers

Pete[/quote]

ha ha... at least it was easy for you bringing it back home... one of our guys bought an old brit motorbike and shipped it back on the hercules while he rode back in the VC10. They had to jettison the pallets when the herc ran into difficulties... he was most displeased when he heard it had been pushed out the back somewhere over the channel

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='504423' date='Jun 3 2009, 07:41 AM']ha ha... at least it was easy for you bringing it back home... one of our guys bought an old brit motorbike and shipped it back on the hercules while he rode back in the VC10. They had to jettison the pallets when the herc ran into difficulties... he was most displeased when he heard it had been pushed out the back somewhere over the channel[/quote]
Ouch! I can imagine that he wasn't too happy about it. I guess that's a risk you take though.

[quote name='Tinman' post='503988' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:04 PM']So I was in the States and stumbled across this in Guitar Center. :) I just had to bring it home :rolleyes:[/quote]

That's one way of avoiding those pesky import duties :lol:
Was gonna suggest you start Tinmail (for a commission of course) but if there's a risk of it being kicked out mid-atlantic then this is maybe not such a good idea. :D

[quote name='SteveO' post='504453' date='Jun 3 2009, 09:29 AM']That's one way of avoiding those pesky import duties :rolleyes:
Was gonna suggest you start Tinmail (for a commission of course) but if there's a risk of it being kicked out mid-atlantic then this is maybe not such a good idea. :lol:[/quote]
If we'd landed where we were supposed to, there was a good chance that I'd have had to declare it......I was lucky.

Also, tbh, things aren't that much cheaper over there. What with the exchange rate and the fact that Fender whacked their prices right up.
For instance, they had a Geddy Lee in there which worked out at the equivalent of £870. GAK are doing them at £675 iirc.
I got this one because it was reduced to clear and so, got it for a good price. :)

[quote name='Tinman' post='504461' date='Jun 3 2009, 09:39 AM']If we'd landed where we were supposed to, there was a good chance that I'd have had to declare it......I was lucky.[/quote]
Good break there then. I always thought that you flyboys got around all that beurocracy. I suppose things have changed since my grandads time though :lol:

OT... here's a thought, if say someone was to take a £10 piece of ebay firewood and come back with something rather special, would the customs people cotton on? :)
:rolleyes:

[quote name='SteveO' post='504511' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:39 AM']Good break there then. I always thought that you flyboys got around all that beurocracy. I suppose things have changed since my grandads time though :lol:

OT... here's a thought, if say someone was to take a £10 piece of ebay firewood and come back with something rather special, would the customs people cotton on? :)
:rolleyes:[/quote]

I think you're supposed to use a Carnet to take it into the other country and back out...

[url="http://www.uscib.org/index.asp?documentID=1843"]http://www.uscib.org/index.asp?documentID=1843[/url]

not sure what HM Customs do to you when returning with it though...

Carnet FAQ

[url="http://www.uscib.org/index.asp?documentID=1675"]http://www.uscib.org/index.asp?documentID=1675[/url]

[quote]How specific do the descriptions need to be on the General List?

The more specific the better, as customs has the right to stop goods from entering its border for lack of adequate description. Include serial numbers or model numbers whenever possible. An imprecise or incomplete description may cause a customs inspector to question the importation (or re-exportation) and possibly seize the goods.[/quote]

we use them at work when doing site visits to other countries to declare items such as laptops, cameras, phones