Why become a member? ×

Octave up and down recommendations

Bassnut62

Hi y'all,

I love the Mu-FX Octave Divider (the big one) but want a pedal board friendly version. I know they did do one, but they seem to be impossibly hard to find. Does anyone have any recommendations for octave pedals to try that are both pedal board friendly and do octave up and down for bass with a dry blend too?

Thanks

The TC Sub n Up Mini might be worth a try as it is pretty affordable if you can find a 2nd hand one. However, keep in mind you might need to use the Toneprint app to get desirable sounds. It seems a lot of the presets have a fair chunk of -2 Octave as standard (not controllable with the knobs) which needs managing.

The full sized version is probably easier to dial in if you have space for it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bassnut62 said:

Hi y'all,

I love the Mu-FX Octave Divider (the big one) but want a pedal board friendly version. I know they did do one, but they seem to be impossibly hard to find. Does anyone have any recommendations for octave pedals to try that are both pedal board friendly and do octave up and down for bass with a dry blend too?

Thanks

Just reread your original post and wanting a more board friendly version of the Mu-FX. The OC-5 would be my revised recommendation. Most octave pedals that offer an octave up are polyphonic and the -1 sound has a very different quality to the Mu-Fx and OC-1 monophonic sound. The OC-5 has it all covered!

The MXR Poly Blue Octave would also have you covered. 

Edited by HoorayForAnonyms

39 minutes ago, HoorayForAnonyms said:

Just reread your original post and wanting a more board friendly version of the Mu-FX. The OC-5 would be my revised recommendation. Most octave pedals that offer an octave up are polyphonic and the -1 sound has a very different quality to the Mu-Fx and OC-1 monophonic sound. The OC-5 has it all covered!

The MXR Poly Blue Octave would also have you covered. 

MXR Poly Blue Octave is a very versatile pedal. It has +1, +2, -1, -2 octaves plus dry level. Also has built in fuzz and modulation. I love mine, it can do a lot. Its very forgiving unlike most octaves I've used, I'm quite a clunky sounding player and it tracks just fine.

23 hours ago, HoorayForAnonyms said:

I tried out a few octave up/down pedals and settled on the Walrus Audio Luminary. It has a low pass filter that helps with removing some of the more harsh, abrasive qualities of the octave up. The tracking is incredible! 

Heres a quick clip I recorded to show the tracking accuracy 

https://on.soundcloud.com/A8gqwWvrEmiwiiSg7

Thank you, good clip and very different sounding octave from many others.

• Like 1