Why become a member? ×

Fender 1970 custom shop jazz for ..........TOO LATE! -GONE

greyparrot

Ok this is a LTE custom shop bass, only 100 were made, so very rare indeed. Retails in the states at $3800 I got this at a steal, but looking for its present value in terms of a trade or cash. The reason that i am trading is because i want another 5 string, and as i just like one good bass i dont want to buy another one. I have posted this ad 3 times, and spammers spoil the tread. Please keep off unless you wish to trade. Thank you so far for all the offers, but none have really been my cup of tea. I have been offered 4 Sadowskys, and while i know nothing of the sound or quality, i did a fair bit of research and quite interested in a 5 string.

very nice 5 string usa jazz or p bass deluxe basses
sandberg natural wood 5's (jazz type) californian i think they call them + cash
sadowsky 5 string basses natral wood finishes or a nice sunburst
mm stingray 5 HH (not teal green)
overwater progress or deluxe basses (not dark wood please )
Maybe spectors. I had an nx5 xl redwood, very nice, but heavy
Fender victor baily 5 string
MM Bongo HH
That custom shop fender 6 string that was on here the other day!
anything else that may be of interest.
cash £1600 True a bass is worth only what one will pay for it, but remember this is a very rare fender that will keep its value, and not a mass produced machine.
looking for a minter as well.
Not really looking for warwicks
I dont really wanna drive too far so an hour from essex to veiw is cool from north essex.
I think i would like to stay with the fender if poss as i like there sound.

I can answer any questions, or send any photos of any part of the bass that may be requested.

Thanks for looking,

Rich.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='bigthumb' post='491733' date='May 18 2009, 07:03 PM']Is the scratch plate original and how many bolts hold the neck on? :)

[i]sorry I know I shouldn't![/i][/quote]

Hi mate, yes its the original plate see here

[url="http://www.infographic.com/fender/detail.php?FenderPN=0131800_70"]http://www.infographic.com/fender/detail.p...erPN=0131800_70[/url]

and the neck has 4 holding bolts,
Thanks Rich.

[quote name='Rayman' post='491763' date='May 18 2009, 07:35 PM']Drop...dead....gorgeous.[/quote]

Thank you there was another bass i liked that was on here that fender 6 string c/s if the owner of that sees this and wanna swap get intouch, would like to know a little more about the bass, oh also open to six string high end stuff as well. Will just have to get my head around it again!

Thanks.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='491898' date='May 18 2009, 09:49 PM']Sadowsky...[/quote]

Ok mate this bass and some cash is quite tempting. I really have to think about this. Will do reserch and stuff on your bass but i think what your offering and cash as well is a good deal. It just depends if i can get enough info without accually seeing it in the flesh. I would hate for us both to meet and its not for me, but judging by the remarks on my other treads, these are great machines. CAn you meet half way? im in north essex. Im playing in cambridge on saturday. How does that suit you if we went for it?

Rich.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='491969' date='May 18 2009, 10:40 PM']Ok mate this bass and some cash is quite tempting. I really have to think about this. Will do reserch and stuff on your bass but i think what your offering and cash as well is a good deal. It just depends if i can get enough info without accually seeing it in the flesh. I would hate for us both to meet and its not for me, but judging by the remarks on my other treads, these are great machines. CAn you meet half way? im in north essex. Im playing in cambridge on saturday. How does that suit you if we went for it?

Rich.[/quote]

HI mate, iv added the pictures requested on the top of the tread, good to talk to you,

Rich.

Ps can you add one of the case and any bits as well,

Thanks,

Rich.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='NAS' post='492365' date='May 19 2009, 02:07 PM']Hi Rich,

Any interest in a custom 5 string Overwater with WAL style circuit?

I've got more pictures and info in you're interested.

All the best,
Nick S[/quote]

Nice bass man! but i think the sadowsky deal is going down tonight. If that falls through, then yes im very interested in this bass mate,

All the best,

Rich.