Why become a member? ×

FS/FT 2023 Fender American Vintage II ’60 Precision Bass Reissue
£1450
Edinburgh EH11

Posted (edited)

Trades open, send a PM. Quite open, as long as it has frets. No stingrays though. 

Made 100 times better by Chris McIntyre who has levelled the frets - and perfectly bevelled the edges (see close up photo). This means you can take the action down to paper thin levels. Nut correctly cut too. 

bass Bross said the weight is 4kg but my scales are saying 3.5kg either way it’s a light bass. 

Purchased not long ago on impulse. Potentially a dream P bass for many. 
not quite gelling with it - maybe I’m going mad. 

essentially as new 2023 apart from one small chip I made minutes after taking it out the case for the first time. 

neck is wide but really thin

photos from bass bros and a couple from my to show the paint nic. 

re-strung with chromes medium light. 

comes with all the case candy and all as new. 

IMG_8207.jpeg

IMG_8209.jpeg

IMG_8208.jpeg

IMG_8203.jpeg

IMG_8204.jpeg

IMG_8205.jpeg

IMG_8202.jpeg

IMG_8201.jpeg

IMG_8200.jpeg

IMG_8211.jpeg

IMG_8212.jpeg

IMG_8210.jpeg

Edited by Robert Manning
Added image
  • Like 6

Have just picked one of these up, sounds gorgeous, neck superb but am frustrated by the fact that a guitar of this quality needs a neck dress as the frets have not been finished properly. I'm just waiting for another bass to arrive so I can get it into my local tech to get this job done. Come on Fender, get a grip, these cost around 2k and should be right! 😟

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, therasonic450 said:

Have just picked one of these up, sounds gorgeous, neck superb but am frustrated by the fact that a guitar of this quality needs a neck dress as the frets have not been finished properly. I'm just waiting for another bass to arrive so I can get it into my local tech to get this job done. Come on Fender, get a grip, these cost around 2k and should be right! 😟

Want to know something sad? 
I got this, a 2021 anniversary USA Jazz and a MusicMan stingray special this year… all of them had sharp feet ends, unseated frets (the fenders) and all of them had high spots. So they all needed levelling and the ends re crowned. 

it’s just how it is with new stuff these days. I think everyone notices sharp ends, maybe not the level frets though. It took me quite a few years to start to see that - but fret work for me is so huge in determining how much you can get on with an instrument. 

depending where you live in the UK it’s hard to find a good tech to finish the job, here in Edinburgh I had to wait two months! 

Needless to say, this one here is now golden haha. 

shouldn’t be ranting on my own sales thread lol but my girlfriend doesn’t really care to hear me talking about fretwork 🤣🤣

• Haha 4