Why become a member? ×

Music You Tubers, the good, the bad and the ugly

32 minutes ago, SimonK said:

I'm trying to work out why no one has mentioned probably the most talented bass player alive today and very definitely a youtuber:

I hadn't realised nobody had, possibly because he was getting a lot of mentions on another thread or two. Yes, he's an absolute star.

9 hours ago, SimonK said:

I'm trying to work out why no one has mentioned probably the most talented bass player alive today and very definitely a youtuber:

No doubt he is an incredible  player and I find some of his videos quite entertaining, I cant help but think he is wasting his talents on these videos. I'd like to hear him play in a really great band with  a great drummer. Perhaps he's already done this but it hasn't shown up on my radar yet. Maybe Youtube is the best way for talented musicians to make decent money now - which is a bit sad really.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alexa3020 said:

No doubt he is an incredible  player and I find some of his videos quite entertaining, I cant help but think he is wasting his talents on these videos. I'd like to hear him play in a really great band with  a great drummer. Perhaps he's already done this but it hasn't shown up on my radar yet. Maybe Youtube is the best way for talented musicians to make decent money now - which is a bit sad really.

He's so good he needed 200 drummers:

50 minutes ago, SimonK said:

He's so good he needed 200 drummers:

Proves my point really. Amazing playing and skills on show over a simple drum beat. Reasonably entertaining but very gimmicky. If that's on my playlist I'm skipping.

Get him in a band with some musicians of a similar calibre and you might get something special! maybe.