Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan tribute bitsa *final listing* - *SOLD*
£350
Rochester, Kent

BaggyMan

Final listing before going on a music shop (yes they still exist) on commission.

I have followed Billy sheehan for many ...many years and always wanted one of his basses. Prior to being able to afford one, i built one..and here it is reluctantly up for sale (as is the attitude just as reluctantly.. see other listing).  The clear out is cutting DEEP.

Good solid body (poplar I think, the right weight,  not super light pawlonia) Fender Hi mass bridge, 'wild bill'  DP146 'will power' di marzio p pickups, DP1 humbucker, anodised scratchplate, CTS pots

Wired like a Jazz as i didnt want to go dual output, easier to live with.

Its no wallflower and has some live gigs in its belly,  so its not perfect but definately has a presense about it..like the original. 

Drop a detuner on the E and you have as close a Billy sheehan p bass as you'll get short of a £1k+ attitude. 

Sticker and waterslide easily removed if desired.

You certainly wont see another like it..lol

all the usuals, pop in, post at buyers expense

WhatsAppImage2024-04-08at14_21.18_4aa958e0.thumb.jpg.90cc60defbde01049ba240fa103109c5.jpg

WhatsAppImage2024-04-08at14_21.04_88044799.thumb.jpg.f5e28c1e80124ad787b25bc14ba4163f.jpg

Edited by BaggyMan
  • Like 5

• BaggyMan changed the title to Billy Sheehan tribute bitsa
On 08/04/2024 at 15:42, BaggyMan said:

Dimarzio DP146 their nicknames was wild bill's after billy sheehan  (i might have the nickname wrong i'll check)

Great pickups. Made in collaboration with Mr Sheehan. I put one in the neck position on a 51 bitsa I made. It isn’t as muddy as the classic mudbucker and has quite a nice growl to it. By which I mean it has a bit of definition to it when solo. Also comes with a 4 conductor cable so you can switch it series/parallel/single coil, if that floats your boat. Unfortunately, Dimarzio chose to discontinue it.

GLWTS

• BaggyMan changed the title to Billy Sheehan tribute bitsa *SOLD*