Why become a member? ×

Cheaper/Smaller Multi Effects Units for Home Practice

Jack

Hivemind,

I have this thing where I like to keep my gig stuff and my home stuff separate. It's the only way I can be sure that I haven't forgotten anything. I was keeping an eye out for another HX Stomp (as that's what I use for gigs) but the truth is that they're no longer cutting edge and sometimes you just want a change. With that said, has anyone used a Valeton GP100 or similar? Especially for home practice? Any recommendations for the Mooer, Harley Benton, NUX, Zoom options?

Thanks,

Jack

• Like 1

3 new entries into this space.

The new line6 pod express bass

Zoom has an update of the 60B coming out in May i think 

And Boss just released the Katana Go which is what i will be getting. 

• Like 2

IMO it really depends what you want to achieve with your home practice. 

For me the is no point is practicing at home unless I'm using the same instrument and effects that I will using with the band. I even play standing up, because that's what I do at the gig. The only compromise I make is that I'll be listening on headphones most of the time rather than going through my FRFR cab.

• Like 2

On 18/03/2024 at 20:05, lidl e said:

3 new entries into this space.

The new line6 pod express bass

Zoom has an update of the 60B coming out in May i think 

And Boss just released the Katana Go which is what i will be getting. 

I definitely should have put more info in the OP, sorry. I came to respond to this by saying that I would need a tuner as this would have to 'do it all'. Which to me means a tuner, maybe some effects, and an amp sim. However, it does have a tuner! Excellent. It's a but above my ideal budget but I can stretch, time to go to youtube and watch some demos. Not looking for headphones stuff, so the Katana go is out.

On 19/03/2024 at 09:16, BigRedX said:

IMO it really depends what you want to achieve with your home practice. 

For me the is no point is practicing at home unless I'm using the same instrument and effects that I will using with the band. I even play standing up, because that's what I do at the gig. The only compromise I make is that I'll be listening on headphones most of the time rather than going through my FRFR cab.

Well there's doing homework for a band or a show and then there's playing for the fun of it. I just want something to leave permanently plugged in to my wedge so that I don't have to fish for gear anywhere else.

22 hours ago, tauzero said:

As well as the MS-50G+, there's the MS-70CDR+ coming sooner which has effects but no amp sims, so it depends what you want.

It has to sound good really, that's all that matters. Amp sims would be on my list, but if I can manage without then fair enough. I did like my original 60B.

On 19/03/2024 at 09:53, PaulThePlug said:

Cheap... Zoom B1on... love 'em and prefer the B1on to the B1Four... B1Four is still a great bit of kit.

Good suggestion, thanks.

• Like 1

There's also the new Mvave Tank B, mentioned in this thread, which looks quite useful. It even has an XLR so you can use it live, straight to FOH. I'm tempted to pick one up for that price (about £70 via Temu) to use as a backup.

FWIW, I've just bought the Katana:Go, and I'm impressed with it so far. I've had a few headphone practice tools over the years (Pandora, Mooer P1, Nux Mighty Plug, Pocket GT) and this beats them all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

There's also the new Mvave Tank B, mentioned in this thread, which looks quite useful. It even has an XLR so you can use it live, straight to FOH. I'm tempted to pick one up for that price (about £70 via Temu) to use as a backup.

Let me know what you think - I have a copy of the previous one (the cube baby type) and it isn't a patch on the quality of the mooer p1, which I know you weren't keen on. Maybe they got better.

• Like 2