Why become a member? ×

Boss Katana Go

This looks good. Guitar and bass tones. I think this might be the Goldilocks device for me at the moment. Not that I'm in a position to buy at the moment, but it's cool.

£120, option to add (expensive) wireless footswitch.

Doesn't do the head turning thing of the Waza Air, but still seems good. Anderton's have a video on their product page too.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/boss-katana-go-personal-guitar-headphone-amplifier

• Like 1

I just got an email from PMT about this as well, it looks great!

I was on the verge of ordering a POD express for home practice, but this looks even better, esp with the bluetooth streaming, and I can use it on my guitar as well

Yeah, and with appropriate cables and the wireless footswitch, you could potentially even gig with it as a fly rig on a tiny pedalboard. Mount a battery underneath as an extra power supply. Make a little box that connects the Katana Go to a jack cable so it's all neat and tidy and send the headphone out to a DI box. Pass through from the DI can go to a powered speaker.

I must say I think I'd quite like one. If the sounds aren't that different from my GX-100, I'd be a happy bunny.

• Like 1

I had it in my basket ready to order (as Andertons were offering free next day delivery on this when you normally have to spend £149) but have left it for now. I am trying to convince myself to not rush into it, even though I really want it :(

• Like 1

I'd probably get one of these if it wasn't for my Waza air bass.

I have a blackstar plugin thingy which I haven't used since getting the waza. That was a nuisance to use due to being attached to two cables when practicing with backing tracks. I imagine just having the headphone cable with the backing track connected via bluetooth wouldn't be so bad.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's really good ! I had the waza airs and I'm not noticing any difference in sound qaulity (using good headphones). I hated the drift on the waza airs so always disabled ithe spatial thingy anyway. Well worth the money IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Posted in the effects forum just now, but just picked up one on Denmark street in the Roland/BOSS.  Excited to get it home and try it.

Dudes working there said itsrhe best product boss has ever put out!

High praise for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markbunney said:

Can I ask how much you paid there? All the usual shops have them for £120 but out of stock, and I was wondering what the Roland/Boss shop price was 

120!

Screenshot_20240407_224624_Gmail.thumb.jpg.137f3a5fcbc21fe3327ce65adc92cddc.jpg

Edited by lidl e
  • Thanks 1