Why become a member? ×

Playing Stand

I spotted this over on a Vulfpeck forum and thought it might interest some here.

The Fearless Flyers niche is that they all play with their guitars on stands, I guess for that "flying" image.

image.thumb.png.bac5b06ff1c049b8c97842c20c8e6ade.png

A fan who suffered from arthritis and shoulder issues saw that and decided to make his own to see if it helped his issues - apparently not having to support an instrument has made a positive impact on his ability to play again. Yes this is probably over engineered but I know a good few on this forum struggle with the weight of basses so thought this might interest a few here - https://www.etsy.com/shop/Walkupz 

image.png.ee283f99745821de82879f180cee3e9a.pngimage.thumb.png.31f5b148ab9bb33e850ce8c420281c03.png

• Like 4

On 04/03/2024 at 10:35, BassApprentice said:

I spotted this over on a Vulfpeck forum and thought it might interest some here.

The Fearless Flyers niche is that they all play with their guitars on stands, I guess for that "flying" image.

image.thumb.png.bac5b06ff1c049b8c97842c20c8e6ade.png

A fan who suffered from arthritis and shoulder issues saw that and decided to make his own to see if it helped his issues - apparently not having to support an instrument has made a positive impact on his ability to play again. Yes this is probably over engineered but I know a good few on this forum struggle with the weight of basses so thought this might interest a few here - https://www.etsy.com/shop/Walkupz 

image.png.ee283f99745821de82879f180cee3e9a.pngimage.thumb.png.31f5b148ab9bb33e850ce8c420281c03.png

What is that middle guitar?

A Bass VI type instrument?

Also which exactly, custom made of some kind?

Looks like it got one side of a P pickup for the 4 lower strings, I assume running to that second output jack socket, to process and run the bass side of the Bass VI through a bass amp separately, and then a neck single coil for all the strings.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

I have vague recollection of seeing some pictures of folky/prog bands using something similar for those tricky banjo/mandolin/dulcimer/sackbutt interludes.

Deffo a touch of theatre for the band above, but quite a boon if you struggle with the weight of your instrument.

Not sure I could stand still enough!

Edited by ahpook