Why become a member? ×

Fuzzdog Logical Bass preamp pedal

Lord Sausage

It's a clone of the EWS/Xotic Trilogic. Loads of youtube videos.  Here's Michael Rhodes (RIP) demoing one, but there are plenty of others

Edited by Bigwan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

That's the newer version of the Trilogic, Fuzzdog's clone is the v1 so you don't get sweepable mids and selectable bass/treble frequencies. Maybe someday...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, paul_5 said:

I made one a while ago and it was really useful - selectable mid frequency was the best thing - really loud too if you want to use it as a boost!

I built one too. Very straightforward kit - Fuzzdog usually are hassle-free - it's a very clean, noiseless EQ pedal.

Edited by ahpook
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this. 

Someone is building me one. Got in a conversation with someone who just loves building pedals. He's also an artist. He really wanted to do it, so who am I to argue. Also it will be a thousand times better than if I did it. I will get round to doing one tho. Maybe the Ampeg one.

I'll post pics on here when it's done.  (The logical one)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that looks fantastic. Really nice finish !

Beats my rather plain enclosure. It's blue and white like clouds cos it's a clean preamp...sort of made sense to me :)

IMG_20240324_161307951_HDR.jpg

Look forward to hearing what you think of the preamp when it's all done..

Edited by ahpook
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ahpook said:

Wow, that looks fantastic. Really nice finish !

Beats my rather plain enclosure. It's blue and white like clouds cos it's a clean preamp...sort of made sense to me :)

IMG_20240324_161307951_HDR.jpg

Look forward to hearing what you think of the preamp when it's all done..

please remember that I'm not making it. Not a chance of me doing anything like that.

I can't wait to get it tho.

I'm tempted to do the bazz fuzz as my first attempt!

Edited by Lord Sausage
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rainbowreality said:

It's a really useful pedal, you can dial in a really wide range of sounds, I'd also recommend the little Mofo preamp - 4 different amp modes with some really nice overdrive/fuzz if you push it

Is that Fuzzdog too?

7 minutes ago, Lord Sausage said:

Is that Fuzzdog too?

It is yes.  Sorry I got the name slightly wrong, it's BAD Mofo (and it is). It comes in mini or large variations, there's no difference in functions except the mini fits nicely in a 1590B enclosure (a bit tight but not nothing too much to worry about).

https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/product/badmofomini

https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/product/badmofo

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone.

Just tried it out. I'm really happy with it. Paul, who made it is a legend!

I didn't really notice much difference when switching the Ac/passive switch. I'm not sure if it's just because I didn't have the amp on loud.

Does this switch just knock a couple of dB of the input or does ot effect the gain knob? I'm not too up on all that stuff.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Lord Sausage said:

Hi everyone.

Just tried it out. I'm really happy with it. Paul, who made it is a legend!

I didn't really notice much difference when switching the Ac/passive switch. I'm not sure if it's just because I didn't have the amp on loud.

Does this switch just knock a couple of dB of the input or does ot effect the gain knob? I'm not too up on all that stuff.

Cheers

Looking at the schematic it adds an extra resistor in the input path so it looks like it knocks DB's off rather than effect the gain knob behaviour but in practice it seems pretty subtle

Edited by rainbowreality
  • Thanks 1