Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried this with a Sansamp...?

ToLo

Take two outputs from the pedal and put them into the same amp:

OUT - (affected tone) into the return of the effects loop and into the power amp
PARALLEL OUT - (unaffected tone) into the input of the amp so it goes through the pre amp of the bass amp itself

I run this pedal at the end of my board, so I wondered if it could be a way of blending two different preamp sounds through one amp (utilising the preamp of the pedal AND the preamp in the bass amp)? 

13_VTBASS_DI.png

Edited by ToLo

The Blend control allows you to mix in the un-effected signal with the SansAmp circuit though everything goes through the Low, Mid and High EQ. In most amps you will bypass your amp's preamp by plugging into the effects return. You can  use the parallel out and send your un-effected signal to your bass amp and send the SansAmp XLR output to the mixer. 

I might be missing something but you could be over thinking it. 

If you go bass into the Sansamp and then out to your amp, you have two sounds available; Sansamp off and you have your amp tone, Sansamp on and you have Sansamp + bass amp

Alternatively plug your bass into your amp, put the preamp into your amp effects loop and you have 2 sounds.

Either of these options give you the same outcome that you were trying to achieve in your OP... yes/no? 

Just now, warwickhunt said:

I might be missing something but you could be over thinking it. 

If you go bass into the Sansamp and then out to your amp, you have two sounds available; Sansamp off and you have your amp tone, Sansamp on and you have Sansamp + bass amp

Alternatively plug your bass into your amp, put the preamp into your amp effects loop and you have 2 sounds.

Either of these options give you the same outcome that you were trying to achieve in your OP... yes/no? 

Yes. I have massively overthought this 😅

thank you

Just now, ToLo said:

Yes. I have massively overthought this 😅

thank you

The only thing you can't achieve is 2 sounds, one of which is solely the Sansamp, which you can only do by having the pedal into the return of the effects loop, thereby bypassing the amps preamp.  

18 hours ago, Tech21NYC said:

You can  use the parallel out and send your un-effected signal to your bass amp and send the SansAmp XLR output to the mixer. 

This is how Sansamp was designed to be used. If you have a good amp & cab, you don't need any extra preamps muddying things up in front of it. Sansamp is excellent for sending an emulated amp&cab tone to FOH or for using it straight to audio interface to record or just jam with it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/02/2024 at 23:37, dannybuoy said:

I’ve done something similar, split the signal with one Sansamp, run the parallel out into another Sansamp or Darkglass box, then blend together at the end with a blender pedal.

I gave this another try today - Sansamp BDDI with the parallel out going to a Leeds, then a Mosquite blender used to mix them together.

With the Mosquite set at 100% I can essentially use it as a channel switcher. Set at 50% I can switch between pure BDDI and a mix of BDDI/Leeds.

It sounds particularly good blended with the presence/treble dialled back on the BDDI and the bass rolled back on the Leeds, so that each pedal is handling a different frequency range. 

• Like 2

On 26/02/2024 at 23:37, dannybuoy said:

I’ve done something similar, split the signal with one Sansamp, run the parallel out into another Sansamp or Darkglass box, then blend together at the end with a blender pedal.

Same here, I used to use an MXR M80 with a Sansamp. blended together with an SFX Blender. Blending the two different flavours of drive worked nicely!