Why become a member? ×

Wooten has no soul?!!!

Pete Academy

[quote name='Faithless' post='488178' date='May 14 2009, 07:06 PM']People, AREN'T YOU TIRED OF THIS?[/quote]

Yes...I tire of every topic, both in person and on forums about players.
Everyone has thier own oppinion and that's it.
Some like McCartney, others Entwhistle...Others Wooten...Others Sheehan...Others Hamm...Others Miller...
It's not so bad...until they start pushing them on you.

I like Wooten...then I get bored...then I like again...
But these threads are just....boring and pointless.
It's all oppinion so yes...very bored.

[quote name='Kongo' post='489181' date='May 15 2009, 06:38 PM']Yes...I tire of every topic, both in person and on forums about players.
Everyone has thier own oppinion and that's it.
Some like McCartney, others Entwhistle...Others Wooten...Others Sheehan...Others Hamm...Others Miller...
It's not so bad...until they start pushing them on you.

I like Wooten...then I get bored...then I like again...
But these threads are just....boring and pointless.
It's all oppinion so yes...very bored.[/quote]
:rolleyes: :lol:

So when are you off to Switzerland then?..... :)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='silddx' post='489127' date='May 15 2009, 05:45 PM']You know that thing where a bluebottle goes mad when it's stuck between the two halves of your sash windows on a summer afternoon? This is what it hears in its little bluebottle head. The reason it goes mad is because it can't get away from the sound. I went a bit mad just now because my mouse stopped working for a few seconds and I couldn't turn the f***ing thing off. That was truly one of the most hideous displays of musical instrument operation I have seen. He makes Wooten look as clever as he really is, and the guy's pulse and timing in that vid was all over the place in parts. Outrageous indeed.[/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

That is post of the year so far..Classic

[quote name='silddx' post='489127' date='May 15 2009, 05:45 PM']and the guy's pulse and timing in that vid was all over the place in parts. Outrageous indeed.[/quote]

Just use your Quantise button then.....
All will be fine.

Garry

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='487235' date='May 13 2009, 07:38 PM']Pointless thread. If everyone liked the same thing the word would be a very different place.

Nope

Nope

Not past the first few seconds

I won a lego competition at my local toy shop - but I don't expect anyone to worship me for it

Fine, but not everyone actualy enjoys listening to "thwakkatta thwakkatta thwakkatta thwakkatta" no matter how much skill goes into making such a sound.

I couldn't give a toss 'cause I won't be there

I didn't post on the other thread, but I felt compelled to reply to this one. I must admit I don't really give Mr Wooten a second thought most of the time as what I've heard of his playing says nothing to me and I have no aspiration to play any of the kind of music he plays. I'm not at all into slap - I can understand some people are, but then again it takes all sorts.

I really don't care about Vic's playing. I'd rather watch/listen to Willie Dixon or Duck Dunn doing their thing.[/quote]

This is all getting out of hand again. If it helps to diffuse things., I think the baby Jesus, bunny rabbits and puppies are very nice.

[quote name='leschirons' post='489302' date='May 15 2009, 08:30 PM']This is all getting out of hand again. If it helps to diffuse things., I think the baby Jesus, bunny rabbits and puppies are very nice.[/quote]

I ran over one the other day going to work. a Rabbit that is, i was going to work not the rabbit.

[quote name='leschirons' post='489302' date='May 15 2009, 08:30 PM']This is all getting out of hand again. If it helps to diffuse things., I think the baby Jesus, bunny rabbits and puppies are very nice.[/quote]

so you hate the adult Jesus?

Yes, John needs to come and close this one down, too. Perhaps we ought to have a Victor Wooten Appreciation Thread pinned, only for people who actually appreciate him?

And for the record, the baby Jesus story is a myth designed to control the weak & anyone fancy some rabbit & puppy pie?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='489419' date='May 16 2009, 12:01 AM']And for the record, the baby Jesus story is a myth designed to control the weak & anyone fancy some rabbit & puppy pie?[/quote]

Are you mad!?!?.... no rabbit and puppy pie is complete without a side of Panda testes....

I don't know why I bother.... heathens.

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='489419' date='May 16 2009, 12:01 AM']Yes, John needs to come and close this one down, too. Perhaps we ought to have a Victor Wooten Appreciation Thread pinned, only for people who actually appreciate him?[/quote]

Fair enough, but I think peoples opinions on why they dislike, are just as valid so long as they don't deteriorate in to a slanging match.

Contrary views are needed, The Home of Deep Discussion, and all that.

i think this is getting a bit mental atm.

[quote name='rslaing' post='487474' date='May 14 2009, 12:16 AM']I agree totally.....well said. I was always taught that the bass should be felt and not heard. (My father - jazz pianist). Slightly conservative, but I know what he meant.[/quote]

Personally i dislike wootens choice of performance, hes a great player blah blah blah etc etc. But one thing he does talk about and i agree with totally, kinda ties in with this comment. Wooten explains you don't have to treat the instrument as if it has boundaries - the bass doesnt HAVE to do this or that its just an art form.