Why become a member? ×

Gear 4 Music Harlem Z (T Bird Style)

luckman67

I don't know why but I've started to like the looks of the Thunderbird bass, but I don't want to spend £350 + just in case it's a short term fixation. I did a search for T bird style basses and saw Gear 4 music's Harlem Z for the low price of £149. Has anyone here tried or owned one and is the body shape the, same as the, Epiphone or Gibson version?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by luckman67

3 hours ago, luckman67 said:

Has anyone here tried or owned one and is the body shape the, same as the, Epiphone or Gibson version?

Can't help but that's a pretty sweet looking bass Shawn, no 3 point bridge to contend with either 🙂

Here has the peghead shape swayed you, it's very familiar 😃 

I've had 2 G4M basses in the last couple of years and no complaints. Their LA Select ash body P-bass I got for £20 but it was the denim burst that really impressed me. 

Indulge yourself pal, only live once 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, luckman67 said:

I don't know why but I've started to like the looks of the Thunderbird bass, but I don't want to spend £350 + just in case it's a short term fixation. I did a search for T bird style basses and saw Gear 4 music's Harlem Z for the low price of £149. Has anyone here tried or owned one and is the body shape the, same as the, Epiphone or Gibson version?

Thanks in Advance.

I haven't played this particular bass but looking at this one the only feature it has comparable to the Thunderbird is a vaguely similar body shape. 

2 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

Harley Benton might be a better choice.

£179

Unlike Gibsons and Epiphone Thunderbirds, full access to the last few frets.

th.jpeg-47.jpg

People complain about the neck dive on ordinary 'birds, this one's going to be off the scale!

27 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

People complain about the neck dive on ordinary 'birds, this one's going to be off the scale!

My mate in Kenya owns the Harley Benton, he's never complained about neck dive but then he always plays sitting down 😀

He did hate the 3 point bridge though, that bad he stuck it in a box and shipped it the 4,000 miles to Scotland where its lived in my spares box ever since.

Claudio also ditched the pickups and preamp, his HB is now passive pots and sports Warman mini humbuckers 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

@neepheid

If you'd like it just say, I'd be happy to pass it on 👍

If it was gold finish, I'd have snapped your hand off.  Rare as hen's teeth, those gold finish three pointers, individually at least.  The only other option is to buy a Rumblekat just so I can pinch the bridge off of it :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I haven't played this particular bass but looking at this one the only feature it has comparable to the Thunderbird is a vaguely similar body shape. 

It's always been a non-issue for me.

PhotoCollage_20211114_123145228.jpg

• Like 1