Why become a member? ×

Barefaced…Super Compact..12” cab - *SOLD*
£400
NE Hants

mybass

Selling one of my impressive Barefaced 12” cabs, maybe to get a 2x12 at some stage. These cabs have a big sound especially when paired up to another cab, love the single cab for smaller gigs and tiny stages. It’s super lightweight and can go loud with an impressive clear low end. I’ve only gigged it a few times, there were a few small minor knocks on the thin front side edges, probably the one drawback of having these lightweight cabs and no cover. Don’t know postage rates, collection welcome or meet up A3/M25 or A3 south coast area is okay for me.

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

Edited by mybass
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ToLo said:

Have you ever used this on it's own in a rock setting without PA support? I'm quite interested in one of these but just wondering if it's up to the task...

I have used one, with a Trace Elliot Elf, in a loud rock covers band and no PA support. It did a sterling job!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ToLo said:

Have you ever used this on it's own in a rock setting without PA support? I'm quite interested in one of these but just wondering if it's up to the task...

I am pretty sure it is quite a bit louder than what you think it is. The real unknown here is how loud you actually need.

There's a reason they make a 212 version. And a bigger version. And a smaller version. And a bunch of.other cabs. Not all rock bands are created equal.

It's not going to replace a 810 fridge.

It might well replace a 410 if you aren't quite so rock that you cruise around with one of those and not a fridge.

12 hours ago, ToLo said:

They are definitely up to the task. I used mine with a Gallien Krueger MB800 head and it kept up, on it's own with a loud drummer, in a Rock Blues band. The more powerful the amp, of course, the louder it will be. 

22 hours ago, ToLo said:

I play with rock blues bands and it does well to hold its own with them. I'm not talking big stages/outdoor festival stuff, just indoor music clubs etc gigs. Depends how loud your bands are? 

If I was Tolo I would jump on it at that price. I once accidentally on purpose put about 300w into its big brother version with the same driver. It gave me a fright. I was not expecting so much of a single 12" driver.

Smaller box means less efficiency but it's supposed to be good for 800w. It's going to get louder than a loud thing if you have a decent amp.

If it turns out not your cup of tea someone will take it for £395 for sure.

• Like 1

• mybass changed the title to Sold. Please delete …Barefaced…Super Compact..12” cab