Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-01 Gloss Black with Maple board & East Uni 5 Now £795.00 - *SOLD*
£895
Herts/Essex Borders

Gaucho 5

Hi Chatters,

Sold Now Final price drop to £795 buys a  Mint condition Black 55-01 with a lovely figured/slightly flamed Maple board, New John East Uni 5 fitted with black knobs, fully screened/shielded & original package instructions etc also C/W stock Lakland Pre.

Very newish Addario NYC's, never gigged, home use only. Superb multi sounding Bass which IMO fits every genre. Love this to bits, however circumstances dictate I have to let go of one of the collection. Cash is king, but willing to trade with a nice, but lesser value 5 or 6 string Bass plus cash? Local delivery or meet preferred, could courier at buyers cost/arrangement?

Gaucho

IMG_5418.JPG

IMG_5410.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

IMG_5419.JPG

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5416.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG

Edited by Gaucho 5
Sold please remove ...thanks
  • Like 9

• Gaucho 5 changed the title to Lakland 55-01 Black with Maple Board & East Uni 5 Now £825
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the heads up buddy, but unfortunately I don't do FB...... bad experience there (too long a story for here!)

Regards 

Gaucho

• Gaucho 5 changed the title to Lakland 55-01 Gloss Black with Maple board & East Uni 5 Now £795.00

These are so ridiculously underrated - it’s only the Mk1 Bart’s I think that have an unfairly bad rep - I’ve played this and the 4 string 44-01 and they feel and sound absolutely class, I hate to use the term but it is a proper “jazz bass on steroids” (excuse me whilst I cringe myself inside out). The East preamp in it will sound ridiculous - as you know I’ve got my eye on this!! 😃 

Edited by Paddy777
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Paddy777 said:

These are so ridiculously underrated - it’s only the Mk1 Bart’s I think that have an unfairly bad rep - I’ve played this and the 4 string 44-01 and they feel and sound absolutely class, I hate to use the term but it is a proper “jazz bass on steroids” (excuse me whilst I cringe myself inside out). The East preamp in it will sound ridiculous - as you know I’ve got my eye on this!! 😃 

There was a time a few years back when 5 string basses of this quality, with a John East pre fitted, were about £250 more than the current asking price and they sold within a few days, or a week at best if being listed. 

Strange times indeed... 🤔

GLWTS 👍

• Like 2

On 23/01/2024 at 12:23, Gaucho 5 said:

Hi Chatters,

£825 buys a  Mint condition Black 55-01 with a lovely slightly flamed Maple board, New John East Uni 5 fitted with black knobs, fully screened/shielded. CW Original Lakland Pre, newish Addario NYC's, never gigged home use only. Superb multi sounding Bass which IMO fits every genre. Love this to bits, however circumstances dictate I have to let go of one of the collection. Cash is king, but willing to trade with a nice, but lesser value 5 or 6 string Bass plus cash? Local delivery or meet preferred, could courier at buyers cost/arrangement?

Gaucho

IMG_5418.JPG

IMG_5410.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

IMG_5419.JPG

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5416.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG

Sadly for me even an additional £250 still leaves me light on what this cost me buddy! I think we agree this punches way above my asking price! 

On the subject of Mk1 Barts I have a custom build with very early USA Mk1's and as with the Lakland once you add a quality Pre this opens them up completely IMHO!

Gaucho 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 18:59, Gaucho 5 said:

Sadly for me even an additional £250 still leaves me light on what this cost me buddy! I think we agree this punches way above my asking price! 

On the subject of Mk1 Barts I have a custom build with very early USA Mk1's and as with the Lakland once you add a quality Pre this opens them up completely IMHO!

Gaucho 

It’s getting a set of Nordstrand Big Splits in if I do manage to buy it off you 😃 However I’ll be interested to hear the difference in the Mk1’s thru the East Preamp, as I honestly didn’t mind them 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 09:30, silverfoxnik said:

There was a time a few years back when 5 string basses of this quality, with a John East pre fitted, were about £250 more than the current asking price and they sold within a few days, or a week at best if being listed. 

Strange times indeed... 🤔

GLWTS 👍

I think at the moment the big money is in Fenders that look like a they’ve been rescued from a skip 😝 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Paddy,

Through the East Uni 5 the difference is a very wide spectrum of both subtle and very strong tones which I think you'd struggle to find in the stock Lakland Pre, on the other Bass I have with Mk1's that has an Aguilar where the changes are much closer together, not as wide but so modern sounding with the top end being so spikey, which is great for soloing ( if that's your thing?) back to the East, pull up the boost knob, dial it up and presto very similar, however of the two there are many more settings/tones within the Uni 5 IMHO!

Gaucho

• Like 1

• Gaucho 5 changed the title to Lakland 55-01 Gloss Black with Maple board & East Uni 5 Now SOLD!