Why become a member? ×

Folding Trolley

Anyone got a suggestion for good cheap folding trolley? 

I had one from Amazon but the wheels collapsed and would not stay put (halfway across a road, which was fun!) 

I am looking at the one they have in Lidl and it looks good but the wheels don't fold. Maybe I should just get that one?

cheers

Adrian

1 hour ago, adriansmith247 said:

I had one from Amazon but the wheels collapsed and would not stay put (halfway across a road, which was fun!) 

I am looking at the one they have in Lidl and it looks good but the wheels don't fold. Maybe I should just get that one?

cheers

Adrian

Buy cheap, buy twice!!

I'd aim for a good heavy duty trolley at the best price I could find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamIAm said:

I've always had issues with ones that have folding wheels, they start to fold when I'm moving stuff!

So I bought one of these a few weeks ago to shift my PJB C4 + stuff, it is sturdy, not too expensive and the 'platform' folds away.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08XW173YY

Sam x

that is pretty similar to the one in Lidl. Looks solid enough. Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Acebassmusic said:

I bought one of these Wolfcrafts about 12 years ago.....still using it. Not cheap but they are rugged and last! The wheels are big enough to easily pull up a kerb or other small is steps. 

Wolfcraft Trolley

I bought the same one, the Wolfcraft 5500, at about the same time.

I like the axel between the wheels. Keeps them facing in the same direction no matter what you are carrying and over any surface.

It's expensive but is still in perfect condition. It'll see me out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

I have a Rock n Roller R2RT, I've been using it for a few years, very sturdy, handles a lot of weight for its size and folds down quite small. 

They gone up in price recently but as others have said buy cheap, buy twice, get what you pay for etc. 

https://rocknrollercarts.co.uk/products/rocknroller®-multi-cart®-r2rt-micro

That does look really sturdy, thanks

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

I have a Rock n Roller R2RT, I've been using it for a few years, very sturdy, handles a lot of weight for its size and folds down quite small. 

They gone up in price recently but as others have said buy cheap, buy twice, get what you pay for etc. 

https://rocknrollercarts.co.uk/products/rocknroller®-multi-cart®-r2rt-micro

I know a drummer with one of these.  He makes 1 trip from the car. Great piece of kit.

I had the sack barrow version for a good few years https://rocknrollercarts.co.uk/products/rocknroller®-multi-cart®-rmh1-mini-handtruck

I bought this because I was sick of the collapsible wheel type trolleys on gravelly pub car parks.  It was really good and lasted me well but I managed to smash the plastic wing nut covers off when dropping it a few times which made them impossible to release/tighten by hand.

I have since bought the cheaper Thomann blatant copy - https://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_go_kart_solo.htm

In comparison - the Rocknroller had no locking mechanism to hold the folding load platform up when folded, so would randomly fall out when stored upright, causing untold damage to anything near it.  The Thoman copy has a locking thing, but basically relies on you standing on a brake cable to bend the metal loop arms inwards to release it.  On mine, this brake cable was either too long or stretched, so I end up having to lift it up and pull it like a chest expander.  Once it releases, it then often slams out and tries to break my knuckles/fingers/arm/shin or whatever it can get.

Luckily I don't need to use it that often as my gear is pretty light and when I do I have now have found a bit of a knack to it, so have stuck with it. 

In summary, neither are perfect, but once folded out into the trolley, they are really sturdy and the wheels can deal with most surfaces and kerbs easily.

I have the clarke version of the amazon one that @SamIAm has, I managed to ruin the bearings in the wheels but that was down to the thick mud i dragged it through at a festival (which i didn;t clean out properly afterwards)  the main frame and axles are fine, I bought some replacement wheels off eBay and it's as good as new.

in normal use i've not had any issues with mine at all.

Matt

On 23/01/2024 at 13:40, Matt P said:

I have the clarke version of the amazon one that @SamIAm has, I managed to ruin the bearings in the wheels but that was down to the thick mud i dragged it through at a festival (which i didn;t clean out properly afterwards)  the main frame and axles are fine, I bought some replacement wheels off eBay and it's as good as new.

in normal use i've not had any issues with mine at all.

Matt

Likewise, I have one of these - branded VonHaus or something, was about £15. 

I can manage combo amp + extension cab , gear bag, pedals all on it (I use a bungee around the axle) so it can make it one trip from the car (if I’m not playing DB!). 

On 21/01/2024 at 11:07, adriansmith247 said:

cheers

Adrian

I've been using a Lidl one for many many years. They're really good