Why become a member? ×

GK Fusion 550

2elliot

Finally bought one after many years thinking about it. Sounds great, I definitely prefer it to the Legacy 800 that I owned for a few month before punting it on. New strings on the Streamer and neighbours away on holiday... my fillings are now loose. 

20231231_160025.thumb.jpg.16ee9b37b2c2c1c7f2c3ccd1262bdfcb.jpg

• Like 9

Best amp I've ever used.   For the first time in years I'm thinking of letting mine go in favour of something lighter, but I'm torn because I know I'll never get anything that sounds as good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirky said:

Best amp I've ever used.   For the first time in years I'm thinking of letting mine go in favour of something lighter, but I'm torn because I know I'll never get anything that sounds as good. 

You could always try the latest Fusion range.  Andertons stocks them and they have knocked £150 off the price of the Fusion 800S, it's now a mere snip at £1149, just in case you have a kidney you aren't using at the moment.

I have a legacy 800 and a Fusion 1200S.  I love them both but the Fusion S through Barefaced 10s sounds lush and warm but still retains the GK toppy bite.

• Like 2

Used in anger last night for an audition with a new Post Punk/Dark Wave project. Wow... it sounded awesome!

Yamaha BBPH through EBS BS Deluxe and a Boss CE5. Perfect, the band thought it sounded brilliant and I was offered the spot. Very happy with myself. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, 2elliot said:

Used in anger last night for an audition with a new Post Punk/Dark Wave project. Wow... it sounded awesome!

Yamaha BBPH through EBS BS Deluxe and a Boss CE5. Perfect, the band thought it sounded brilliant and I was offered the spot. Very happy with myself. 

Congrats on the new gig! I used my Spector Euro, also through a EBS Sheehan sig pedal, the GK, and into a Barefaced Big Twin 2. Sounded immense. These Fusion 550’s really are superb 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Omg I couldn’t be having that !! 

I like my rig to look cool and sound cool that doesn’t do it for me it’s way too much ocd territory! 

I would at least turn the cabs but I suspect even then they are not wide enough 

Edited by BassAdder60

2 hours ago, Kirky said:

PXL_20230604_145251124.thumb.jpg.5240e4956e38ea55468e0f8b9b7869fd.jpg

Yowzer, that would drive me nuts 🤣.

SKB shallow case? Does it all fit ok and does it leave space in the rear to store the power and speaker cables?

Cool looking bass.