Why become a member? ×

Aria n’ a grande

Rayman

Sat here with a large coffee, after a morning session with my (current) favourite 3 basses.

Regardless of price…. these Arias are absolutely my go to basses right now. Lovely players, comfortable and awesome sounding. It does make me wonder why I still hanker for expensive gear, when instruments like these are around for peanuts. 

IMG_6236.thumb.jpeg.9b40d0cd0fc087fbda0603de32245a7c.jpeg

I hunt around for the Korean ones mostly, or the Japanese ones if there’s a bargain to be had. The 5er at the top is an IGB68 and was 200 quid. Awesome tone, beautiful fretboard, crap tuners, I intend to change them. The Integra on the left was a 100, fabulous tone, the pickups are brilliant in these, nice neck…. and the GTB on the right was 50 quid….. absolutely ridiculously lovely bass, again great neck, great pickups. I put Gotoh GB707s on both of those basses. It massively improves the playing experience.

To be honest, between the three basses, I really don’t need any of the others, they’re that good, in my opinion.

• Like 13

I picked up an Aria CB1000 about 18 months ago and it's been my go-to since then. Absolutely adore it. Sounds massive!!!!! Feels like a much, much more expensive instrument. Easily one of the nicest basses ive ever owned. Im on the lookout for a second one now as a backup.

And a red Pro Ii CSB is still on the must-have  list.

Screenshot_20231205_201026_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231205_201013_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, neepheid said:

Wasn't it a Thunderbird last week? ;)

For the band…..always the Thunderbird live yes….., but at home and for anything else, it’s been one of these three for the last few months. 

I recorded a couple of tracks with some friends at the weekend, and used the GTB jazz…. it recorded really well.

• Like 1