Why become a member? ×

Gibson EB 5 - 2013/2014

steviedee

I had a four string of these stupidly named basses.  Bullion gold 2014 model.  Mine was decently made from the structural side.  I personally didn't care for the unfilled (what looks like) ash grain through the finish, you might like that.  Mine was pretty light, don't remember it being heavy, put it that way.  Sounded decent, the coil split on each pickup gives you some extra options.  I don't remember being blown away by the sound, just because there are exposed pole pieces on these didn't make them sound that much different from your typical Gibson TB+ pickup IMO, not necessarily a bad thing of course, but I had become somewhat jaded about those pickups having owned several basses wearing them by that point.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I have the 2013 EB5 bought new for a knockout £550. It does only weigh 3.5kg & the pickups are great.  Very well appointed. It’s not getting used enough, I must resurrect it.

I really like the look of them but a bit more expensive now. Gibsons are a bit of an unknown for me, so it’s hard to imagine what it might sound like!