Why become a member? ×

New Charvel Model or a one off?

Brian18242

His twitter post suggests it's a custom shop model but I'm sure @Bassassin is on the money here.  A made in Mexico version will be on sale for between £1200-£1400, I would guess.  

The headstock is interesting.  I don't like reverse headstocks but 3+1 is cool.

I'm guessing this is an active, two humbucker bass with coil switching options.

• 1 month later...

It IS a Sleep Token sig model. A bit controversial, because it will probably only appeal to Sleep Token fans, and absolutely nobody else. Mind, you could say the same about many sig models, but this one just seems to have a limited appeal.

I should add, I'm old. I didn't know who the heck Sleep Token were until recently. 

I'd be really interested to play this. 

The pickups are a pair of fishman fluence back to back, looks like the 2 band preamp and switch for the 3 voices. 

Also, it's hard to tell from the photo but I wonder what the scale length is. Sleep token use some really low tunings so I wouldn't be surprised if it was 35" or longer. 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 14:31, cocco said:

Also, it's hard to tell from the photo but I wonder what the scale length is. Sleep token use some really low tunings so I wouldn't be surprised if it was 35" or longer. 

When the Pro-Mod JJ 5 string basses came out a couple of years ago Charvel's website stated they had a 35" scale length.  This was found to be inaccurate, the basses (one of which I own) have a 34" scale length.  The website has since been altered.  

I would be surprised if this wasn't a 34" scale bass.