Why become a member? ×

Warwick FNA (German) fretted 4 string, Aguilar MM pickup, 1998 *ON HOLD* - *SOLD*
£550
Swansea

Shaggy

As I’m currently winding my bass playing down to a low level I’m putting some stuff up for sale, mostly my main gigging gear. 

Next up; a 1998 German made Warwick FNA bass (Corvette body shape, though it was never designated a Corvette).

Lightweight swamp ash body with carved flame maple top, ebony pinstripe “binding” line in between.   Amber “antique violin” finish, which seems to be a thin satin lacquer.    Fully recessed Warwick straplocks (strap ends also supplied), gold plated hardware.  

Preamp (original factory fitted): Seymour Duncan 3-band 9V active circuit voiced specifically for MusicMan Stingray, with “slap bias” switching on vol control.

Neck: Long (34’) scale 24-fret in ovangkol, with wenge board and JAN adjustable nut.  Regularly waxed, so beautifully smooth.

2 mods to this bass:

Original ceramic MEC pickup replaced with Aguilar AG 4M (Alnico V) MusicMan pickup; based on the original 1970’s MusicMan Stingray pickup.  I personally much prefer the tone on this to the MEC; it’s slightly more scooped with prominent low mids, more growl and punch yet also more clarity.   Original pickup included.

Original neck swapped with one from a 2001 German made Warwick Streamer LX Jazzman.   This was only because I preferred a slightly slimmer neck on the Streamer, and a slightly wider P profile neck on this bass.

This has been my “go to” gigging bass over the last 6 years or so, simply because it’s so comfortable and ergonomic to play, and just always sounds good.   I’ve never played another single-pickup bass so responsive to changes in right hand technique, whether with pick or fingers.   

A brief funky live clip (thru Mesa Walkabout & Mesa 2x10)

https//en-gb.facebook.com/SouLotionSwansea/videos/1815503435163445/

Looking for merely £550 on this.  Collection from South Wales, near Swansea - I can deliver to Bridgend services M4, or possibly further for fuel costs.   Postage a potential option, but I’m putting 4 basses up for sale and only have one box!    

Edit: Near-new Warwick gig-bag included in price; lots of padding, weatherproof, shoulder-straps, plenty of pocket space.

Any questions or requests for specific pics; please message me.

912F04F8-0CC6-43F0-AAC4-0BBEB3D8EC03.jpeg

F7D3658E-D240-4D72-96A2-EFE74E5D23CF.jpeg

B9BBEBC6-5EFE-485D-8CDC-F114D91CCF0A.jpeg

A59864BB-624B-407D-AB69-F43C14EB90A4.jpeg

Edited by Shaggy
  • Like 17

On 25/11/2023 at 19:37, Rayman said:

Bargain 

On 28/11/2023 at 15:05, shantijoe said:

It is a bargain!

GLWTS, joe

Thanks both!  I think so too, check out the prices on new German Warwicks.....😳

Edited by Shaggy

• Shaggy changed the title to Warwick FNA (German) fretted 4 string, Aguilar MM pickup, 1998.
38 minutes ago, lee650 said:

I got very excited when i saw the year, and thought "lovely slim wenge neck" Any chance of swapping the necks back?😊

Thanks Lee - I”d very much prefer not to, as the Streamer is now my main bass and it just feels so “right”as it is - plus if the original neck was still on this I’d be asking at least £100 more.  The ovangkol neck is by no means chunky, and having owned a couple of MM Stingrays the neck feels totally “right” to me on this bass. 

But I’ll give it a while and see what happens........🤔

• Like 1

On 09/12/2023 at 20:12, dyerseve said:

Stone cold bargain! Buy it and you wont regret it!

Thanks dyerseve!  True words.....👍

On 11/12/2023 at 10:27, Henrythe8 said:

As I many - too often - commented in this section... 

I hate Brexit. 

Tell me about it; I just bought a mega-expensive classical guitar case and tuning pegs from Spain - 25 bloomin’’ % on top 🙁

Edit: bass now ON HOLD

Edited by Shaggy

• Shaggy changed the title to Warwick FNA (German) fretted 4 string, Aguilar MM pickup, 1998 *SOLD*