Why become a member? ×

£2000 ONO - ACG ÜBER recurve 6 string with ART top - *SOLD*
£2000
Sheffield/Oxford

Devers95

A very reluctant sale as my roof is leaking and it's not going to be cheap. I'll be buying another ACG when money permits and would probably offer to buy this back at a later date if possible. 

This is my ACG Über Recurve in excellent, near new condition. I look after my equipment very well. For those that don't know, this is the top of the line model with the duel filter preamp and proprietary multicoil pickups. I also had the low battery indicator installed which is an absolute lifesaver. 

The top is buckeye burl with blue resin.

The fretboard is acrylic impregnated maple. 

Here is the link to the bass on the ACG website for all the info you might want:

https://acguitars.co.uk/project/0443uuberrecurve6-33/

It has the absolute best low B string I've ever seen on a 34" scale. Annoyingly, better than my Fodera elite.

Weight is approx 4.6kg.

Fretboard radius is either 16 or 18, I forget which, its near flat basically but not quite.

Fret dots and side markers are luminlay - comes with the torch to charge them if required.

18mm string spacing. 

Nut is 52mm.

Asking £2000 or nearest offer. It cost me £4000 so I think half the price for a basically new top end bass is sensible. Will include hiscox case and, if you're nice, ACG's Black Leather bass strap which is about £80 to buy. 

LOCATION: I live in sheffield but work in Oxford. I'll be in sheffield until sunday and then in Oxford until next wednesday, rinse and repeat. So I would prefer to deliver if possible but can ship if necessary.

Any questions please ask! 

20230715_124627.jpg

20230715_124614.jpg

20230715_124555.jpg

20230715_124632.jpg

20230715_124603.jpg

Edited by Devers95
Sold.
  • Like 13

I'm not the biggest fan of ACG body shapes/headstocks but don't doubt Alan's technical skills and artistry as a builder.  Despite the former comment, this looks absolutely gorgeous.  I'm a massive fan of filter based pres and would love to try the highest of the high-end unit in this bass.  I know times aren't easy but I'd be surprised if this hangs around.  Sorry to hear of the roof too - not a great time of year for roof repairs (I've lived in Sheffield myself and know it can be a little damp).

Incidentally, unless I've missed something, what's the string-spacing at bridge and nut?

Edited by three
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, three said:

I'm not the biggest fan of ACG body shapes/headstocks but don't doubt Alan's technical skills and artistry as a builder.  Despite the former comment, this looks absolutely gorgeous.  I'm a massive fan of filter based pres and would love to try the highest of the high-end unit in this bass.  I know times aren't easy but I'd be surprised if this hangs around.  Sorry to hear of the roof too - not a great time of year for roof repairs (I've lived in Sheffield myself and know it can be a little damp).

Incidentally, unless I've missed something, what's the string-spacing at bridge and nut?

We've literally just had the bathroom done too, blummin nightmare.

Sorry I forgot to add that. String spacing is 18mm at the bridge.

Ive just measured the nut and its 52mm long. Ill add this in the post.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eisen said:

Germany for instance?

I've never shipped abroad before but if the buyer sorts the courier out I'm happy to go and get suitable packaging to ensure its safe. I sold a Zon a couple years ago in the UK and the buyer sourced a courier and all seemed ok.

• Like 1

I think this is the second such bass to appear here in about 6 months and getting on for half the price of the previous one. I wish I had bigger hands as I can’t do much more than 16mm on a 6er!

An absolute beauty of a bass. So sorry you’ve had to part with it but I hope you’re able to get it back one day. 

Alans work is second to none as the pictures show. Absolute stellar basses made by Alan plus an absolute gent to do business with. 

Good luck with the sale. Personally I’d sell the Fodera 😀

All the best 

Stuart 

• Like 3

• Devers95 changed the title to **SOLD** £2000 ONO - ACG ÜBER recurve 6 string with ART top