Why become a member? ×

TRADED - Fender Vintera 50’s Precision Bass £500, UK Postage Now an Option
£500
Milton Keynes

Steve1967

Priced to sell.

So I’m shallow and weak willed and want to own one of these in black so this beauty has to go to help fund it.

Great 50’ s P bass in lovely Dakota Red, Maple neck,  good condition, slight scuffs to the scratch plate, no dings or dents.

I’ve gigged this loads this year and it always sounds great, I just want a black one……sad I know.

Weighs in at 8lbs, no back breaker.

Collection from Milton Keynes or postage an option if required. 

Any questions just let me know.

Steve 

6F79C778-DFC4-4E2C-9135-1BB7F7B010FA.jpeg

FB985108-7512-4417-A0F9-E41025375C58.jpeg

B607D2B7-6A85-49D5-BF30-62F348BF1C25.jpeg

DB5AACD6-4C4B-434E-8447-1F2EAFD9BF12.jpeg

21322F1C-7ED3-463F-B552-67A162A0F403.jpeg

Edited by Steve1967
  • Like 10

The red bodies are ash. Listing this would help this bass find a new home. 

Ash body maple neck p basses don’t come around all that often. I just bought a 70’s Yamaha pulser to get that profile pass. 

good luck on sale. 

Edited by soulstar89
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, theplumber said:

Are you sure it's Ash?I had 3 of these. The Seafoam green and the red,both Alder and the only one that was ash was the Honey Blonde one.

Just going from the information provided previously on this threat by a fellow basschatter.

I’ve checked on the Fender website and it appears non specific about which colour were alder and which were ash, so I’ve amended the listing not mentioning the body wood. 

22 minutes ago, Steve1967 said:

Just going from the information provided previously on this threat by a fellow basschatter.

I’ve checked on the Fender website and it appears non specific about which colour were alder and which were ash, so I’ve amended the listing not mentioning the body wood. 

It is a bit misleading but I remember the original adverts and reviews. When the 3 colours were on sale the adverts stated ash/alder.The Honey blonde ash bodied bass was discontinued  but the adverts/spec remained the same. I would say it Alder.I had both the Vintera and classic series and they both were Alder. Cracking guitars either alder or ash!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theplumber said:

Are you sure it's Ash?I had 3 of these. The Seafoam green and the red,both Alder and the only one that was ash was the Honey Blonde one.

when I went down to guitar guitar in Camden London I tried a couple basses. I went to ask what the body would was. He came back and confirmed that the red bass was ash. I tried the Nate Mendel bass that day which is also an ash body. 

You are right some colour ways was alder and some was ash. 

• Steve1967 changed the title to Fender Vintera 50’s Precision Bass £500, UK Postage Now an Option
  • Steve1967 changed the title to TRADED - Fender Vintera 50’s Precision Bass £500, UK Postage Now an Option