Why become a member? ×

Hello from Sydney

Dlew919

Been playing bass since 1992. Love bass. Play 4s and 5s. Prefer J to P, but love Ps anyway. I like funk, fusion, rock, jazz, country, folk. I also play guitar, mandolin, banjo, drums, harmonica, tin whistle and ukulele. And I teach and gig as a full time gig.

Glad to be here. Thanks for having me.

• Like 1

Hello

ive been to Sydney in “winter” and it was insanely hot. Done the AMP tower, very nice lady doing the tour, never got to sample the nightlife sadly though the chap wearing lederhosen at 11am on a Tuesday was something of a surprise, however not my cup of tea 

tour lady pointed out a famous fish restaurant and complained that she’d never been there. I asked out loud what she was doing later … people laughed, my mate was by turns mortified and laughing 

Edited by Geek99

17 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Hello

ive been to Sydney in “winter” and it was insanely hot. Done the AMP tower, very nice lady doing the tour, never got to sample the nightlife sadly though the chap wearing lederhosen at 11am on a Tuesday was something of a surprise, however not my cup of tea 

tour lady pointed out a famous fish restaurant and complained that she’d never been there. I asked out loud what she was doing later … people laughed, my mate was by turns mortified and laughing 

Edited 14 minutes ago by Geek99

The famous fish restaurant is Doyle’s and if you ever get back it’s worth a visit. 
Loved the story! 

23 minutes ago, Dlew919 said:

The famous fish restaurant is Doyle’s and if you ever get back it’s worth a visit. 
Loved the story! 

All true, she was a brunette btw and was careful to point out the Anzacs memorial, my mate and I are both keen readers of history and aware of the cost. 

Doyle’s was indeed the name, the passage of time had dulled that from my mind. we spilled out from the tour direct into a market where I bought the largest peach I’d ever seen in my life 

I almost married an Aussie girl. True story. After Sydney we went on to VIC to my other friends wedding and his wife to be was the Sunday school teacher of the young lady who propositioned me for a date in  a Safeway. Small town, she’d heard through the grapevine that fresh meat was inbound 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1