Why become a member? ×

Hi from NOODS..

Guest NOODS

Hi to you all and thank you for letting me join your forum.. 

I have been wanting to learn guitar ( any type ) for as long as i could remember, finally started trying just over a year ago now with an electric Tanglewood acoustic, practiced everyday ever since, confess to have learnt a lot from TubeYou tbh, i know it has its pros and cons but it seems to have helped me.. Always wanted a bass and finally got a mint Epi Jack Cassidy from a Band member, however, he said he had never used it at a gig as it was too nice to get bumps n beer all over it.. Mines metal flake blue.. It came with flat wound strings ( still fitted ) and a SubZero practice amp.. 

My fave bassist is Taka from FEEDER.. i’m not saying his the best but i happen to adore his sound.. Adore his hand built yellow metal flake bass, saw him with it at Norwich UEA back in 2000, I was not a fan then i was just taking my Son to see his favourite band, but they were so good i was hooked.. 

A West Ham nut from 1967 also a Ducati nut too, owning a few.. 

I thought bass would be easier to learn but i was very wrong.. I shall keep at it mind.. 

Wishes best to you all.. 

NOODS.. 

IMG_9912.thumb.jpeg.b5e4bd55826a28a37dc93cd88f115eb6.jpegIMG_9914.thumb.jpeg.23a6d7a6e2bace3ad7d22cfaa34447f1.jpeg

On 16/10/2023 at 21:23, TheGreek said:

Noods on the Internet?

Never heard of that before...

Welcome sir...

My nickname from a late teen.. Started a new job as an apprentice my work colleagues were fully skilled and that much older.. They were going out one night asking me along too.. I don’t drink so while they were getting

p*$$€D i stood there with an orange juice.. from there later they were going to a restaurant so they were chucking £ in a hat to pay for it all.. “ Are you in “ they said? not wishing to be the odd one out i went along with it, but, they were chucking in £20 which back then was half my weeks wage! What i hadn’t told em was i’m a really picky eater and a vegetarian.. Asking where we were going i was told somewhere nice and that i would luv it.. Where did we end up? Yep.. A Chinese restaurant where they had more alcohol, birds nest soup, crispy duck and sweet n sour etc, and what did i get for my £200 approx at todays rates? An orange juice and a plate of plain noodles.. 

Yes i might have been called juice… But NOODLES or NOODS for short.. 

Oh and as a non drinker i got to transport them around too, from pub to bar to pub to restaurant to club etc etc.. 

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

..and there was me thinking it had to do with being naked..

4 minutes ago, ezbass said:

:crigon_04: Noods 

I luv this ickle emoji… 

IMG_9925.thumb.jpeg.1505f35069565dcb302772368146d556.jpeg

IMG_9926.thumb.jpeg.a744d1c16f6f19c45b9d5d108c5c18cf.jpeg

Where do i ask for advice about me BASS then? Like… I’ve been sold a dud cause it’s missing 2 strings ? 

Is there a help for NOODS thread to go too? or should i call Smartaians ?