Why become a member? ×

KK KB1 EUB with case, stand and extra pick-up - ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£800
Stourbridge

PTB

I’ve played upright for many years so buying this seemed the natural thing to do a few years ago. Truth is that I’ve hardly used it except for a few hours at home. It’s never been gigged or out of the house as I simply prefer my DB. 

It has Spirocores with plenty of life in them and there’s an extra pick-up (a J Tone, per the previous owner) and a useful stand to keep it safe. 

This deserves to be played so it needs a new owner. Given the size etc, this is collection only but I’m up for traveling a bit to meet halfway if needed. Kk3.thumb.jpeg.91e8b5aff216b1f719b7bbf01ae6d1a3.jpegKk5.thumb.jpeg.a2381a4d71fa30076c3f0a455859b4e0.jpegKk2.thumb.jpeg.1622b25a5989afe6fb647862555244ba.jpegKk1.thumb.jpeg.1cbadf3105872cf13131e84e413a98d4.jpegKk4.thumb.jpeg.b2b95408ee54bdf8b8db300d18bf759f.jpeg

Edited by PTB
SOLD
  • Like 5

• PTB changed the title to KK KB1 EUB with case, stand and extra pick-up - price dropped again to £675
  • 4 weeks later...

If I could dream up the slightest justification for it, I'd have this. I had one of the first of these that Kris ever sold, even brought him along to the SouthEast BassBash one year so that he could demonstrate his basses.

Thanks Jack, hope you're well.

It's a fine bass indeed, just no longer needed following my relocation and new band requirements.  I can't believe no-one has been interested at this bargain price.  I plan to drop it into Bass Direct in the next week or two to see if Mark can help move it on.  

5 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

If I could dream up the slightest justification for it, I'd have this. I had one of the first of these that Kris ever sold, even brought him along to the SouthEast BassBash one year so that he could demonstrate his basses.

@Happy Jack, would being in a relatively loud Chicago-style blues band count as the 'slightest justification' ? The Doubler is a massive improvement, but I get the impression that this would largely get rid of feedback and volume issues altogether. Plus it looks cool.

• Thanks 1

If you get feedback with a KK then you're doing something wrong, Pete.

The hollow body is completely filled with foam and the pickup is a mag jobbie. It feels like a "proper" slim-bodied DB to play but sonically it has a lot of P-bass in it.

It's ideal for an overloud blues band.

Posted (edited)

@pete.young  ....and if the journey over to me seems daunting, I'll happily meet you in Cambridge where I have family.

Edited by PTB
link to pete young

You could stick on some luminlay dots or similar, on the fretboard or the sides. Or use clear sellotape. Just don't do anything permanent, like the f$ckw1t who was the previous owner of my upright did.

15 hours ago, E sharp said:

Does this have side dots?

For a numpty bass guitarist like me?

Yes, it has side dots including a double dot at the octave.

Thanks to @pete.young and @Clarky for your helpful comments.

• Like 1

• PTB changed the title to KK KB1 EUB with case, stand and extra pick-up - ON HOLD
11 hours ago, pete.young said:

You could stick on some luminlay dots or similar, on the fretboard or the sides. Or use clear sellotape. Just don't do anything permanent, like the f$ckw1t who was the previous owner of my upright did.

I use black tape with Tippex dots.  The tape came from Amazon and is reasonably robust at least on my bass guitars (defrets, so the existing dots are in silly places).  Unfortunately the Amazon search is so rubbish that I can't find it even though I already bought some and they are keen to sell repeat orders.

Edited by alyctes
more info

• PTB changed the title to KK KB1 EUB with case, stand and extra pick-up - SOLD