Why become a member? ×

P bass project (pic taken on the usual plywood floor!) :-)

mrbacco

folks, as promised I am attaching here the picture of the finished work.

A few words for your perusal: 

I tried the solution suggested by @PaulThePlug, which was to cut around the P bass shape of a pickguard: I did that, and, OMG, I am not posting the picture of the failure and the millions of bits of plastic ( @Richard R you were 110% right 🙂!!! ) following the smashed of it due to my heavy cutting I used a small hand rotor, but unfortunately it slipped away in the last bit causing the break of the part). 

I then moved to plan B. I bought these rings, on amazon, for a 10eur pack of 2. Steel and chromed. Same as the control and the bridge. Then I measured and measured, and measured and then cut the extra parts lined up with the bottom of the upper pickup and the top of the bottom pickup, and then I screw the 2 things around the pickups.

As I said before, it is a cheap bass this one, because I am experimenting, but at least it does what I wanted and also it covers a bit the different wood that I used to fill the cable cavity. 

Sounds also quite well (even if I play it 🙂 ). I had to increase a bit the action for the G strings as the strings buzz was persistent and now it's a lot better and close to 0%.

Thanks everyone for the support and all the suggestions! 

PXL_20231012_163449618.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.thumb.jpg.663844a565aab598e2505a82b5f5f4b3.jpg

PXL_20231012_162750431.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.411d2f385b24ab579f921a1d4930b69e.jpg

• Like 11