Why become a member? ×

New fender ToneMaster Pro modeller

krispn

It sounds great in the demos I’ve heard. I’m sure they’ll introduce bass amps but these things are always aimed at guitarists in the first instance. 

I’m unlikely to buy one at that price but  it’s impressive sounding nonetheless. 

Just watched Mary Spender's video review and she's taken by it completely. Yes, I know that Fender gave her the unit, however I've always found her to be quite truthful when talking about gear.

But at that price, not many of us will be lucky enough to be in the queue to buy one. And they may have arrived at the party too late to tempt folk away from their Helix etc.

These are my sentiments too. Great hardware specs, nice form factor (I never use the expression pedal on my Helix LT anyway and would love to chop the end of the unit off!) and nice looking interface that doesn't rip off of the Helix, like some others do. Just a shame bassists have been left out of the fun apart from a couple of studio-style preamps. There is nothing bass-specific.  Maybe it will come in time but I won't hold my breath. Fender isn't known for having guitar and bass models in the same unit - the digital rumble and Mustang lines are kept quite separate, and they haven't even created a bass version or added bass models to the Mustang micro headphone device.

The new tonemaster frfr cabs look quite nice and are competitively priced. They'd make a great option for many guitarists regardless of which modelling platform they use. But again, not as useful to us bassists as they aren't quite full range enough - the bigger 1x12 is 70Hz – 20kHz (-3dB).

I really hope the embrace us low noters with this new platform. It's a nicely featured package and a bass-specific fender branded powered cab could be a big seller, as there are not many frfr options for us bassists that aren't plastic PA enclosures.

• Like 1