Why become a member? ×

One time GDPR pop up will be appearing from Wedneday.

Kiwi

Absolutely it is a problem - I just asked on another related thread if another way is possible 

I asked how many members would it take to be contributing members and at what price 

I for one would be happy to pay a bit more than £20 a year to be free of all this nonsense  

I think it is cheap for that - surely there are enough members who are like minded - I should say that

I have only recently started visiting this Basschat  and have not yet become a contributor - but 

I believe this is one of the best, if not the best site for bassists - and its because of the members I have found here 

jeez lets save it 

• Like 2

I have now installed the Adblock plus browser on all of my Android mobile devices (my laptop and desktop were already setup with this). No popups or other tracking nonsense. I will happily subscribe if this will prevent excessive trackers).  How many subscribers at what price to render ezoic not worthwhile? Apparently they pay 40 - 60 USD per 1000 views.

Well I have no idea what this site costs to run - but I believe the members here would like to keep the site running

I have read that some would leave altogether - this would be a great shame - so are enough people interested enough

in keeping it free from trackers and ads  - I don't know how many supporting members there are now - I don't know if 

there is a big shortfall, a small shortfall , or no shortfall - I also think administrators et al deserve some payment - 

a tennis club would cost more or any other club - this one is for Bassists - I have already bought a couple of bits of gear 

the people I bought them off were top notch - well they're bassists aren't they  - save this the way it is  - a great bass site 

• Like 4

I said it before: Hi-fi Critic is a British paper magazine relying only on subscriptions and totally ad free.

And they print their magazine on high quality thick paper, so if it's possible for them with less subscribers why isn't it possible for BassChat to be ad free and self paid through subscriptions?