Why become a member? ×

Aria SB1000 Fretless 1982 - price drop £975 - *SOLD*
£1250
Cambridgeshire

bassatnight

For sale my 1982 Aria SB1000 fretless in natural finish with a stunning grain. Comes with non original hard case. Very sad to be seeing her go, but she is increasingly more of a collection piece, living in her case rather than a working instrument.

She is in generally good condition but has the odd mark and a very small chip from below the final fret line on the G string which has no affect to the playability of the bass and everything works as it should. She really is a stunner. The fretless variant is rare, as are increasingly all Matsumoko Super Basses from this time period.

This is the fourteenth SB bass I have owned since 1983 and to say I love them is an understatement, so big wrench in seeing the last one go but needs must. 

With a double octave 34" scale 5-ply maple / walnut neck, all-brass hardware and a Canadian Ash body she really packs a punch. I can take further photos if required, just give me a shout. 

Apologies, but UK sale only, happy to courier at cost to your good self.

Cheers,

Steve.

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0250.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

IMG_0252.jpeg

Edited by bassatnight
  • Like 16

• bassatnight changed the title to Aria SB1000 Fretless 1982 price drop to £1150
On 27/09/2023 at 12:41, bassatnight said:

Price dropped to £1150, please don’t make me use a shop/eBay. 😉

Are already a member of our group FB aria pro 2 basses ? Try there before eBay or reverb ,JM

• Like 1

I understand what you mean, personally there were undervalued for far too long compare for example to the fender market which is completely overvalued .Aria sb definitely deserve to be and are going up , it’s a beautiful bass I play mine every week , there are different in sounding compared to the usual market bass and there are stunningly beautiful,highly collectable..GLWTS Jean Marie 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2023 at 18:14, bassatnight said:

I am a member of the Aria FB group. I did consider it, but too many ‘experts” on there happy to screw up any sale adverts with their own personal views on what Arias should go for. 

agreed. I tried to sell on there and an expert told me I'd never get that much money. I did!!!

• Like 1

• bassatnight changed the title to Aria SB1000 Fretless 1982 - price drop £1000
  • bassatnight changed the title to Aria SB1000 Fretless 1982 - price drop £1000 ONO
  • bassatnight changed the title to Aria SB1000 Fretless 1982 - price drop £975
  • 1 month later...
  • bassatnight changed the title to Aria SB1000 Fretless 1982 - price drop £975 (Sold)