Why become a member? ×

Power Amp Only Combo's

Skybone

On 10/09/2023 at 09:13, Phil Starr said:

Wood still out performs  plastics as a cab material  IMO/IME.

Agreed. Having carried out a/b comparisons of plastic vs wooden cabs, I think the difference (when reproducing solo bass guitar) is bigger than most people suspect.

• Like 2

Wayne Jones also offers bass-specific powered cabs in 1x10 and 2x10 versions. The 1x10 has two 500 watt power amps, one to power the internal drivers and one to power an external cab (either mono or stereo). Superb build quality and very pokey. Very flat too. The boast that these can be used as monitors is not an idle one either (WJ appears to have been focusing more on high-end studio monitoring recently). Around £1k each imported so not nuts for the quality and functionality

On 12/09/2023 at 19:56, stevie said:

Having carried out a/b comparisons of plastic vs wooden cabs, I think the difference (when reproducing solo bass guitar) is bigger than most people suspect.

You've sone comparisons of the same system, with simply different enclosure construction, ie same driver, same tuning, same net volume? Otherwise it's apples and oranges.

On 12/09/2023 at 06:44, funkydoug said:

They posted this a day or two ago: 

IMG_9636.thumb.jpeg.f59cf0361e0e8265011036ab0b6a531d.jpeg

‘Active cab’ … we shall see! 

I need to get out more. I clocked the rack at the top of the 1st picture and recognised it as Mr BF's from when I saw it at a bass bash probably 2 decades ago.

• 2 weeks later...