Why become a member? ×

Peavey 'Rudy Sarzo' bass - *SOLD*
£750
NE Hants/Berks/Surrey border

cetera

Stunning original USA Peavey 'Rudy Sarzo' Signature bass guitar from early 1990's for sale...

34" scale neck, 24 fret active monster!
All maple neck thru with purple heart stringers.
Ebony fret board with Snake Eye dot markers.
Dual Peavey passive soapbar pickups made by Bartolini.
Peavey "Dyna Bass" preamp. Volume, blend w detent, bass, mid, treble boost / cut w detent.
Active / Passive toggle switch.
In passive mode the treble pot acts as a regular tone control would on a passive bass.

Comes with original Peavey hard shell case.

Excellent used condition with amazing quality craftsmanship and construction.

The story goes that years ago, Rudy Sarzo was in a recording studio and fell in love with an Alembic bass that belonged to the engineer there. After trying several times unsuccessfully to get the engineer to sell him the bass, Sarzo went to Peavey and had them recreate the features he liked on the Alembic. The result of Peavey's efforts was the Sarzo model bass and although it was only produced from the late 80's - until the early 90's, it remained the flagship bass from Peavey until the introduction of the Cirrus line of basses.

One flick of a toggle switch and you're in passive mode, where the bass rumbles like an old P-bass or Stingray. The next, you're in active, punchy heaven!

These are now extremely rare basses and infrequently come up for sale, and this example is about as good as they get. Similar to classic Aria SB basses in feel and construction.

This is an extremely cool classic late eighties, early nineties bass. Would be perfect for any bassist in a classic rock band! if you're not a fan of 'signature' basses don't fret... his signature is very small and the average punter won't see it or know 😉

Collection from Sandhurst/Camberley area or will ship securely at cost with courier of your choice.

Payment by bank transfer or Paypal (you pay fees). Please see my extensive postive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

20230830_120530.jpg

20230830_120505.jpg

20230830_120538.jpg

20230830_120617.jpg

20230830_120609.jpg

20230830_120627.jpg

20230829_132356.jpg

Edited by cetera
Sold
  • Like 17

Absolutely lovely and the Alembic inspiration is certainly evident. Excellent carving - the tummy contour is particularly pleasing. Do you have a weight and nut width for this? I’ve lifted some fairly substantial Peaveys in the past, though some even more substantial Alembics? I’d be surprised if this didn’t offer more comfortable balance than many of the latter

Edited by three
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, WHUFC BASS said:

I need this bass. Just splashed out on a TL5 but I'd sell a kidney for one of these 😢

Must resist

Talk to me... we may be able to agree payment terms 😉

• cetera changed the title to Peavey 'Rudy Sarzo' bass *SOLD*