Why become a member? ×

Milkman bass amp?

Gypsyfolk

14 hours ago, Mottlefeeder said:

Why would anyone bring an expensive, unknown brand into the UK and hope to make a profit from it?

You could say that about many boutique products. Some such are no longer really boutique and have become mainstream to an extent. Given that the industry standard for class D heads seems to be an ICEpower module with a preamp in front of it in a fetching looking metal box, the cost of manufacture probably isn't great, so markup is likely to be enormous.

2 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

... Given that the industry standard for class D heads seems to be an ICEpower module with a preamp in front of it in a fetching looking metal box...

Pretty much what I thought - for the same money or less, you can have a well known brand with no resale problems, or an unknown with the problems that might bring.

David

"Its the most transparent and exciting sounding hybrid amplifier on the market." Even if one is to forgive the missing apostrophe, surely this is self-contradictory. If it's transparent, then it can't be colouring the sound, so it can't be exciting sounding as that implies it's doing something to the sound.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gypsyfolk said:

Some valid points of view. I think they are known amongst the guitar community. Just wondered what they actually sounded like. My usual amp is a streamliner which is probably pretty similar, just a lot less £

The guitar amps are all-valve which makes a big difference.