Why become a member? ×

Hmm 78 Precision?

ash

Wrong logo, non original pick-up, scratchplate and bridge.

It’s from a reputable dealer but this looks all wrong to me - more like a MIM Roger Waters signature….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175851527396?hash=item28f1915ce4%3Ag%3Aj14AAOSwB4lk0ZhR&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwEdPK4xAbTUjoq8ompMmPhUEeWRrPmrK2kI9SY8l%2BHFkdHMlhqTgFwNBLksMpqX49WdBSgDwJR5L79GhQal8otg4hFZO3mMvwysyz04hx367hlw0V%2BfnbA2d2Z71%2BZkNpOj1ylHzuxsOGw2TsoxYI1Mpv5MO3aFtH0lsyj53dy5ykf9gp1jeEWIMDb8F0FtprWHo3aAFX9fD0vLX0iD46fuVbAnm8jJzgbRYeXC3WigNcAGbIYBKHJoix117BA5boA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5yMtsi6Yg&LH_ItemCondition=3000

I’ve emailed them and asked I’m sure it’s a Fender RW sig and as such worth about £650. 

Edited by ash

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

I thought the Mexican ones didn’t come out until about 1990?, a 78 would have S8 serial number wouldn’t it 

Definitely - or at least the two that I had did.

Its def the wrong logo, wrong pickguard, wrong volume/tone knobs. I`d agree with it being photos of a Roger Waters Sig Precision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Definitely - or at least the two that I had did.

Its def the wrong logo, wrong pickguard, wrong volume/tone knobs. I`d agree with it being photos of a Roger Waters Sig Precision.

Yes the logo on that is totally wrong for a 70’s bass I’ve asked them to confirm what makes them think it’s a ‘78

4 hours ago, outsider70 said:

It’s two different ads with different pics. The one advertised as the ‘78 has a broken scratchplate near the jack. Cant believe they refuse to accept their mistake tho it’s obviously not a 78.

Someone in online music retail refusing to accept it's their mistake, who'd have thought it 🤔

• Haha 1

Ha ha yes I just got a weird email from them with the swapped P bass pics asking me if I’m satisfied with their customer service!

Well it took three emails to convince them and I’m sure others will have emailed them. They ought to put up some decent pics if they really want a sale. 

• Haha 1

On 08/08/2023 at 12:26, ash said:

This is what I got back -

Hi, This is a Fender 1978 Precision Bass MN Black, the Roger Waters sig model just looks very similar to it.

Nice work Ash, does make their initial response above look a bit daft - just looks very similar to it - may as well add "it`s a bass, they all look the same".

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, ash said:

Ha ha yes I just got a weird email from them with the swapped P bass pics asking me if I’m satisfied with their customer service!

I'm finding a lot of retail folk seem to be adopting a similar approach, acting as if every stage of your interaction with them is a form of 'service' or 'event' worthy of praise and/or feedback. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I'm finding a lot of retail folk seem to be adopting a similar approach, acting as if every stage of your interaction with them is a form of 'service' or 'event' worthy of praise and/or feedback. 

I think it’s happening in every walk of life and online interaction. We have feedback forms in the NHS now and I get them from the bank, estate agents blah blah this cheery ‘How did we do? Please reach out and share your experience so we can improve our service’. To which I generally delete the email. Data gathering - the curse of the 21st century 🤣

Edited by ash