Why become a member? ×

NBD - Epiphone Vintage Pro T-Bird

mr4stringz

After much, much, much consideration of late, and despite having gone to largely shorties over the last 3 years, I acquiesced to my inner beast and picked this up from @Bassman Sam of this parish today.

Firstly, thanks for being a diamond with last minute arrangements etc. Sam and the best of luck with the knee op as and when that happens.

Anyway, whilst far from a new offering these days, the bass is as good as I’d read and hoped for. The pickups are absolutely bloody marvellous. Very much looking forward to cranking it through a big amp with my massively noisy drummer. 

Thanks again, Sam.

IMG_5670.jpeg

Edited by mr4stringz
  • Like 17

I was umming and ahhing about getting this one as I only have the sunburst and white versions, so it would be logical to complete the set, although the missus would disagree.

They are fantastic basses - certainly my favourite long scales. The pickups are magnificent. I tried all kinds of flatwounds on mine until I found EB cobalt flats (the lightest set with blue graphics) which keep the growl in the tone very nicely.

• Like 1