Why become a member? ×

Cort GB Modern 4 PRICE DROP *TRADES ADDED* - *SOLD*
£650
Cheltenham

gafbass02

My misfortune could you be your fortune! 

I’ve literally only had this a couple of days, having bought it on a misguided whim from eBay (although I now realise it was a basschatter). 
It’s clearly stunning. I mean, just look at it!! It’s amazing!! 
However, in one of those ‘that’s life’ moments, my car has thrown up a few issues that need urgently sorting before I put my family in it for a long drive to our holiday. So this has to go straight back out the door! I’m not too gutted though, as I’m moving more towards more compact basses these days anyway and it’s so pretty I’d be a bit scared to ding this!! 

As you can see, it’s in super top condition, with Hipshot ultralight tuners, markbass preamp, babicz bridge and nordstrand pickups. Not to mention the custom knobs (spares and the originals are included, along with the toolkit and hang tags). Plus the beautiful, plush fitted case with embroidered logo. This is such a luxurious package!!

It’s beautifully set up with a low action and is ready to go. It plays beautifully and sounds amazing - especially for slap. These pickups are fantastic!!
The only negatives I can find are that the burl (and flamed!) top join could be tighter in a few spots and the truss rod is quite stiff (it’s fine, it works well and has plenty of movement it’s just a bit stiff, I think the bass is still quite new). 
It really is a total bargain of a boutique bass for not much cash. 
The price is £550 ONO and collection from Cheltenham is now the only way I’m afraid. 

EDIT: car now sorted. Bass still for sale. 
poss trade for Ibanez EHB/Ibanez SR/Sterling ray/try me. Fretted 4s only.

IMG_8130.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 13

56 minutes ago, reggieboomboom said:

This was mine, I would say one of the best jazz basses I've played and regret the sale. The truss rod was perfect when I had it so can't comment. The pot knobs were made by Jon letts. 

It really is lovely. The truss rod is fine, I have an Ibanez that’s exactly the same. I much prefer a stiff rod over a floppy one. 
😳

10 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

Amazing top!! However which way that wood can be figured it's sure to be in there somewhere 😍

IMG_8133.thumb.jpeg.0a22f80d12add795b28582077ccdfd01.jpeg.e44b0b454f93a2692dc3d974cdaf5ec0.jpeg

It really is! I’m prepared to consider offers on this especially if it’s collected. I really am in a fix here. I know this is going to leave me out of pocket :( 

11 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Ooft, if this was a 5 string I'd be right on this.

Normally being in Scotland you can avoid a lot of these GAS moments, but my sister does work in Cheltenham....😂

Sounds serendipitous ;) I could throw in an extra string. 😂

• gafbass02 changed the title to Cort GB Modern 4 *TRADES ADDED*
48 minutes ago, Raslee said:

What’s the weight mate? I’ve got a very nice Baachus but it’s a little on the heavier side for me. 

Good point! The weight is one of this models main selling pints! 
Behold…

IMG_8191.jpeg
yup. A shade over 5lbs!!!

Edited by gafbass02

• gafbass02 changed the title to Cort GB Modern 4 PRICE DROP *TRADES ADDED*
  • gafbass02 changed the title to Sold. Cort GB Modern 4 PRICE DROP *TRADES ADDED*