Why become a member? ×

FS Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass Relic, Surf Green over Shell Pink- REDUCED £2550 for quick sale - *SOLD*
£2850
Cambridge - Linton area

Brucegill

REDUCED to £2550 for a quick sale - If the bass I'm looking at goes, I'll put the price back up or withdraw tbh. 

This is a fantastic Jazz!

All case candy, case, original pick guard, covers, certificate, floor traveler. 

Frets all good and no wear

I have a box and packaging if you want to arrange for collection. Or collection from near Linton, Cambridge. 

Aged scratch plate in Mint green added from a German company that cost me £70.

9.2lbs on my scales though I think it was advertised slightly lower....

EDIT - Back up for sale only as something has come up I’d love to try. Not looking for trades as I need the cash for another bass

Original GAK pics

and GAK description:

We are loving this Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass Relic in a Surf Green over Shell Pink colour over colour finish. Taking inspiration from the original colour over colours, this has been modernised with a Shell Pink base colour and a Surf Green on top to offer an instrument that is truly unique with a distinct style that will definitely stand out! More importantly this bass isn't just style over substance, offering features such a Quarter-sawn Maple neck with a Rosewood fretboard in a true vintage 7.25" radius, the very comfortable Custom Classic J-Bass "C" neck shape with 6105 Frets, An Alder body loaded with Fender Custom Shop Vintage Jazz Bass Rhythm and Lead pickups and a Nitrocellulose lacquer finish ensure a great playing, sounding and looking Fender Custom Shop bass!

IMG_4025.thumb.jpeg.242d716582cbb88d42b86b82c803ee9c.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4026.jpeg

IMG_4027.jpeg

IMG_4028.jpeg

IMG_4029.jpeg

IMG_4030.jpeg

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_4033.jpeg

IMG_4034.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4037.jpeg

IMG_4038.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4041.jpeg

Edited by Brucegill
REDUCED
  • Like 14

9 minutes ago, Alanbass said:

That looks fantastic and I'm

in Cambridge ... any sound files ir video?

hey! It’s a thing of beauty! Great neck and the fingerboard is a lovely dark one. I’ve not had it long so no clips I’m afraid but you are very welcome to come and try it out. Bring an amp or use mine, I can stick some flats on it if preferred. I’m about tomorrow and all weekend I think. Castle Camps. 

cheers

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
  • Brucegill changed the title to FS Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass Relic, Surf Green over Shell Pink
  • Woodinblack unlocked this topic
  • Brucegill changed the title to FS Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass Relic, Surf Green over Shell Pink- REDUCED £2550 for quick sale
17 hours ago, MungoBass said:

Lovely! I had a peek at the GAK pictures and it looks great with the tort guard too. GLWYS. 

Thanks! 

oddly I’m not getting notifications, so if anyone’s interested please send me a message as I get an email about those. 

• Like 1

I really like the look of this bass and the unique finish. If my CS Jazz needs were not already satisfied I’d be struggling to resist this!  

I’m trying to imagine what bass has caught your eye that means you are looking to sell it! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MungoBass said:

I really like the look of this bass and the unique finish. If my CS Jazz needs were not already satisfied I’d be struggling to resist this!  

I’m trying to imagine what bass has caught your eye that means you are looking to sell it! 😁

It’s a great bass that I’ll inevitably miss and regret selling, but, I want another short scale 🤷🏻‍♂️. Plus I’ve had two recent acoustic guitar purchases that weren’t cheep 😬

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I keep coming back to this. Have a bump for a lovely looking J.

Many thanks. It really is a lovely thing and photos don’t do it justice. It looked like it had sold, but the guys gone quiet now so currently still for sale. 

• Like 1

• Brucegill changed the title to SOLD Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass Relic, Surf Green over Shell Pink- REDUCED £2550 for quick sale