Why become a member? ×

Which one of you posted this on twitter

Crusoe

My sister kept ferrets for a while as part of her homage to Dr Doolittle's menagerie.  They were very playful (if slightly smelly) and liked ambushing things/people.  Small persons' birthday party balloons were a particular favourite for full on attack (no flinching at the noise).  One ferret tried to ambush my sister while she was on the loo.  It unfortunately decided to pounce just as she got up while simultaneously flushing the toilet.  There then was a mad scrabble with a slightly desperate look,  for the ferret to climb back out of the toilet, looking slightly bedraggled but still up for some more mischief.

I can also recommend ferret racing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Piers_Williamson said:

My sister kept ferrets for a while as part of her homage to Dr Doolittle's menagerie.  They were very playful (if slightly smelly) and liked ambushing things/people.  Small persons' birthday party balloons were a particular favourite for full on attack (no flinching at the noise).  One ferret tried to ambush my sister while she was on the loo.  It unfortunately decided to pounce just as she got up while simultaneously flushing the toilet.  There then was a mad scrabble with a slightly desperate look,  for the ferret to climb back out of the toilet, looking slightly bedraggled but still up for some more mischief.

I can also recommend ferret racing.

You're tempting me with those ferrets again.. 

49 minutes ago, Piers_Williamson said:

My sister kept ferrets for a while as part of her homage to Dr Doolittle's menagerie.

Just to point out to any youngsters reading this thread that this 👆 would make an absolutely ideal opening line for your CV, especially if you are applying for work in a veterinary practice or taking money on the dodgems down the local fair. 

32 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Just to point out to any youngsters reading this thread that this 👆 would make an absolutely ideal opening line for your CV, especially if you are applying for work in a veterinary practice or taking money on the dodgems down the local fair. 

This is very true.  What I didn't make clear was my sister and her son (who owned the ferrets) are both vets.  Over the years there have been cats, dogs, Lincolnshire Longwool Sheep, ducks, Alpacas, an owl, chinchillas...oh...ferrets...and the funniest of the lot was Cyril the Squirrel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/07/2023 at 08:50, Waddo Soqable said:

A good illustration of the semaphore part of the equation, the 4th panzer div. sign however is, erm, pretty similar( tho inverted) probably stuck in my mind from making model tanks as a kid! 

...some not so subliminal advertising from the people who make Mercs, then?

4thPanzers.png.da048b1e86fc131ba29a590c29fc6a8c.png MercBenz.png.c02d4816d411a7c099ebe49427e53c4e.png

3 hours ago, sandy_r said:
On 21/07/2023 at 08:50, Waddo Soqable said:

A good illustration of the semaphore part of the equation, the 4th panzer div. sign however is, erm, pretty similar( tho inverted) probably stuck in my mind from making model tanks as a kid! 

---

...some not so subliminal advertising from the people who make Mercs, then?

So that’s the 32nd Panzer division then (or maybe an 8x4 sticky submit button?)

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Gasman said:

So that’s the 32nd Panzer division then (or maybe an 8x4 sticky submit button?)

hah - no real buttons on a tablet screen!  no real activity after pressing 'Submit Reply' on the screen, either!

I see that one of my posts was timed after both Elvis and i had left the building!

But got to admire the value for money (perhaps this is new feature to encourage subscriptions ...and why not?)

Edited by sandy_r