Why become a member? ×

Acrylic basses from China

bottomfeed

The ones I looked at that were in the £230 range had shipping due in september! Still tempted though, even though I knew it would probably be a waste of time.. so shiney..

Trouble is from an LED point of view, the choices (in 5 string) are either blue only, or constant flashing, would 'select a colour' be too much to ask?

• Like 1

On 22/07/2023 at 00:24, kodiakblair said:

An original 'see through' costs about $5k with re-issues between $2.5k to $3.5k. Nobody here thinks they're getting the real thing for £200.

If Ampeg were bothered there's nothing stopping them sending a message to head office and asking Yamaha to put their legal dept on the case.

Originals seem to be sometimes available around the £3k region.

There is currently a mint reissue on eBay for £1400, complete with 2 interchangeable pickups.

5 hours ago, casapete said:

There is currently a mint reissue on eBay for £1400, complete with 2 interchangeable pickups.

Good price though if I was in the market for another acrylic bass, it'd be this one.

With all that perspex it'll never neck dive 😄

image.png.d73a00af466af3933b710469cb3256f4.png

• Like 3

On 22/07/2023 at 16:18, Woodinblack said:

The ones I looked at that were in the £230 range had shipping due in september! Still tempted though, even though I knew it would probably be a waste of time.. so shiney..

Trouble is from an LED point of view, the choices (in 5 string) are either blue only, or constant flashing, would 'select a colour' be too much to ask?

They say the shipping is due in September, in fact it gets here a lot quicker than that. Normally get here in around a fortnight. Currently still stuck in customs.

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

They say the shipping is due in September, in fact it gets here a lot quicker than that. Normally get here in around a fortnight. Currently still stuck in customs.

Defo September for me!.... I hope customs doesn't mess with things too much!? 

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

I think most of my aliexpress orders have come in at pretty well when they said,.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

I think most of my aliexpress orders have come in at pretty well when they said,.

Last one for me was LED 'PAR' lights, ordered 13th June, August delivery, arrived just before we went on holiday - 23rd June.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Import customs clearance complete

Carrier note: Flight Departure

2023-08-02 23:35:00

Ooh so it is on its way. I only wondered as mine is also currently in customs, but it only got there on the 28th, so probably a while yet based on yours!

I think there was some pre-transit customs clearance done, so it would be pre-approved when it got here, as these were two adjacent entries from a few days ago:

2023-07-29 14:42

Item Returned from Customs 

2023-07-22 08:05

Arrival at Regional Sorting Center

Current state of play:

2023-08-03 23:21

Held by import Customs

2023-08-03 23:21

Clearing Customs

Import clearance in progress

2023-08-03 23:20

Import clearance start

So I'm hoping Customs don't hold it too long, otherwise I can't see the point of that week held up in China. Total time so far - 14 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to take a picture of something thats seethrough in the dark!

But playing it tonight, it plays quite well. It isn't well setup, but with a little adjustment it should be good!

Think I will have to put a brightness knob on it, it is a little bright!

IMG_6670.jpeg

IMG_6669.jpeg

IMG_6667.jpeg

IMG_6666.jpeg

• Like 3