Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee Bargain...?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Bass-Standard_W0QQitemZ320367322829QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item320367322829&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50"]I'm not sure if the seller knows what he has here....[/url]

[i]This has been a WoT Public Service Announcement.[/i]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='478249' date='May 3 2009, 02:51 PM']WTF? Which lunatic stuck a bid on it?

Just buy it, man!

:)[/quote]

Missed it by seconds!!!

I'm going to track him down and feed him his amp.

Edited by WinterMute

[quote name='maxrossell' post='478277' date='May 3 2009, 03:23 PM']I had no idea these were CIJ models.[/quote]

Yup, all the Geddy Lee's (and some of the other signature models like the Jaco) are made there.

I've contacted the vendor, he's happy to let me have it for the BIN price, but I want to be sure it's a Geddy Lee, the bridge doesn't look like a Badass in the pics.

He'll be back in Scotland on Tuesday and he's gonna have a look at the bridge.

Wateroftyne was right, he doesn't know what it is.

[quote name='WinterMute' post='478294' date='May 3 2009, 03:46 PM']Yup, all the Geddy Lee's (and some of the other signature models like the Jaco) are made there.

I've contacted the vendor, he's happy to let me have it for the BIN price, but I want to be sure it's a Geddy Lee, the bridge doesn't look like a Badass in the pics.

Wateroftyne was right, he doesn't know what it is.[/quote]

Not the best pic' but it looks like a BA to me. Surely the serial number will allow you to check what it is (loads of websites with this kind of info).

[quote name='WinterMute' post='478294' date='May 3 2009, 03:46 PM']Yup, all the Geddy Lee's (and some of the other signature models like the Jaco) are made there.

Wateroftyne was right, he doesn't know what it is.[/quote]
It looks like a Badass II to me, but it's not very clear.

[quote name='~tl' post='478297' date='May 3 2009, 03:49 PM']It looks like a Badass II to me, but it's not very clear.[/quote]

The serial number reports the place and date of manufacture, all consistent with a GL, but so far no-one can confirm what model that number is for, any where on the net that can correlate Serials to model type?

Unfortunately I'd forgotten you can't cancel an auction once someone has bid on it, so our mystery bidder gets to eat his amp after all!

I guess I'll have to go through the bidding round.

[quote name='WinterMute' post='478303' date='May 3 2009, 04:04 PM']The serial number reports the place and date of manufacture, all consistent with a GL, but so far no-one can confirm what model that number is for, any where on the net that can correlate Serials to model type?

Unfortunately I'd forgotten you can't cancel an auction once someone has bid on it, so our mystery bidder gets to eat his amp after all!

I guess I'll have to go through the bidding round.[/quote]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='478304' date='May 3 2009, 04:05 PM']It is possible...[/quote]

As WoT says there are ways and means. :)

If you need advice drop me a PM but it is straightforward.

Why not just ask the seller if he'll take a photo of the back of the headstock? Or ask if there's any writing on the back of the headstock. If it's got the signature on it you'll know for sure it's a Geddy Lee model.

My apologies! How strange that I presumed, among hundreds of millions of internet users, that more than one person might use the same handle. D'oh!

Sorry - back to your regularly scheduled thread!

[quote name='Protium' post='484297' date='May 10 2009, 01:31 PM']Ended on £485, gone to anyone here?[/quote]

Yep, me in the end. :)

Seen 'em go cheaper occasionally, but seen 'em go for more too, the cheapest price in the UK seems to be £620 from Peter Cook's without a case, so I reckon that's a good price.

[quote name='WinterMute' post='484314' date='May 10 2009, 02:04 PM']Yep, me in the end. :)

Seen 'em go cheaper occasionally, but seen 'em go for more too, the cheapest price in the UK seems to be £620 from Peter Cook's without a case, so I reckon that's a good price.[/quote]

Have you got an offer from eBay/PayPal of 10% off your purchase price when you pay via PayPal?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='484389' date='May 10 2009, 05:02 PM']Have you got an offer from eBay/PayPal of 10% off your purchase price when you pay via PayPal?[/quote]

Had one last month, used it on a new bridge for the Squire, it would have expired before this purchase anyway.