Why become a member? ×

Serek Lincoln, mint; £2800 ono; trade for s/s Serek/Wilcock/vintage Mustang - *WITHDRAWN*
£2800
London

Clarky

* Edit: withdrawing this for now to see if, with time, my injured left hand grows more comfortable with long scale *

Absolutely mint condition, never-left-home long scale Serek Lincoln. Ebony board, dual Serek single pickups, hot rod red nitro finish, unusual J width neck (1.5"). Ordered from Serek straight before I knackered my left hand in horse riding accident in March which has left me only comfortable with short scale. Physio on my hand - as I had reinforced at hospital today - is going to take at least a year and I could use the money for other stuff in my life, rather than have it sat unused in gigbag. Comes with superb Serek padded gig bag and case candy.

My £2,800 price tag loses me a bunch of money on the >£3k I paid, so no offers and collected from SW London. Alternatively, postage on top at cost and as agreed.

PS, I will probably end up pulling this ad when I am less p*ssed off about my hand but for now its for sale

Trade options added below: I already have a fabulous Serek short scale Midwestern 1 but would consider a second Serek MW1 or 2 or a Wilcock Mullarkey or Bisonic

Serek ad with specs (NB, it weighs ~8.5 pounds, not the 7.5 pounds stated):

https://www.serekbasses.com/product/serek-lincoln-34-scale-1-5-nut-serek-singles-hot-rod-red/

20230422_111721.jpg

20230422_111746.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 13
  • Sad 2

• Clarky changed the title to Serek Lincoln (34"scale, 1.5" nut) * AS NEW/MINT *

Absolutely love this - a bit of a Ripper vibe here (I hadn't noticed until this was pointed-out in a previous thread).  Better balance than a Ripper I'd have thought, given the strap pin placement.  Stunner!

• Thanks 1

Thanks @three!

While I would prefer a sale, I realise its a big chunk of change in today's environment so I *might* consider a trade with cash my way for a short-scale Serek MW1/2, or Wilcock Mullarkey/Bisonic .... very specific, I know, but I do not hanker for anything else

Edited by Clarky

• Clarky changed the title to Serek Lincoln *WITHDRAWN*
  • Rich changed the title to Serek Lincoln, mint
  • Rich unlocked this topic

Back up FS as I am still not using it and its too much money to be tied up in a beautiful, hand-made objet! 

Resigned to losing a chunk of change on this but try me with a very close offer - or p/x for s/s Serek MW or Wilcock Mullarkey/Bisonic (not the one with Stingray pickup though)

Edited by Clarky

• Clarky changed the title to Serek Lincoln, mint; £2800 ono; trade for s/s Serek/Wilcock/vintage Mustang

Well it looks like I would have to drop the best part of £1k to get this fabulous bass sold, so I am going to hang on to it and enjoy it when my left hand is fully recovered

Edited by Clarky

• Clarky changed the title to WITHDRAWN Serek Lincoln, mint; £2800 ono; trade for s/s Serek/Wilcock/vintage Mustang