Why become a member? ×

New Member Introduction

peterbata

On 20/06/2023 at 14:29, msb said:

I love Montreal! 

welcome!

Thank you @msb and my aplogies for the late response. I assumed, as happens on other forums that I belong to, that I would have been notified of your reply.

So funny. Just yesterday my wife was saying how she would like to visit Nova Scotia. We have both always lived in Montreal. I have basically had it with the city and the province's politics. Damned if you are an Anglophone. It is what it is I guess. No way out of the province for the time being. Who can afford Toronto or Vancouver. Oh, and even Ottawa is totally out of reach.

Welcome aboard!

There is a little notification icon up in the top right of the site, and if your browser supports it you can enable push notifications for. If you start or reply to a thread then you automatically follow it, and get notifications,  or you can choose to follow a thread or a person as well.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, peterbata said:

Thank you @msb and my aplogies for the late response. I assumed, as happens on other forums that I belong to, that I would have been notified of your reply.

So funny. Just yesterday my wife was saying how she would like to visit Nova Scotia. We have both always lived in Montreal. I have basically had it with the city and the province's politics. Damned if you are an Anglophone. It is what it is I guess. No way out of the province for the time being. Who can afford Toronto or Vancouver. Oh, and even Ottawa is totally out of reach.

Halifax used to be an affordable place to live , but that is changing. Real Estate prices went berserk , and many found new landlords and eviction notices. I’m thankful to own our little place. However there still are areas outside of the city that are reasonable.
Halifax does possess a certain charm through the summer and fall. It’s not a big city. Some do say the developers should  be reined in. 
There is a fair nightlife , and restaurant scene.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msb said:

Halifax used to be an affordable place to live , but that is changing. Real Estate prices went berserk , and many found new landlords and eviction notices. I’m thankful to own our little place. However there still are areas outside of the city that are reasonable.
Halifax does possess a certain charm through the summer and fall. It’s not a big city. Some do say the developers should  be reined in. 
There is a fair nightlife , and restaurant scene.

Thank you @msb You would make a great tour guide. I can do without the nightlife and restuarants though. We steer clear of those in our own city. Things have really gotten out of hand price-wise since "The Pandemic" I almost fell off my chair a few weeks ago when I was out with my brother and he suggested that we stop in for a little lunch at A&W. He was treating so I didn't want to sound like a jerk and say that I would rather not have junk food. Long story short. Two trios set us (him) back $35.00. We hope to get out your way in the not too distant future. The trip would be somewhat nostlagic for my wife who landed in NS as a little girl when she cam over from Europe with her Family. Have a wonderful day.

6 hours ago, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard!

There is a little notification icon up in the top right of the site, and if your browser supports it you can enable push notifications for. If you start or reply to a thread then you automatically follow it, and get notifications,  or you can choose to follow a thread or a person as well.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @Richard R I do see the small bell icon. And, I do see that I did have several notifications. However, I should have been more specific and asked how I could receive email notifications as well. It took me a minute but I have sorted that out. Profile settings if my memory serves me right. Have a great day. Peter

Hello from Leeds, UK. I'm an occasional bass player, and a touring backline and stringed instrument tech. I've got a bit more bass work coming up and looking to rejig my rig for something a bit more flexible. Current Bass is a Guild B301-A, and a short scale Squier Bronco. 

IMG20230628081016.jpg

IMG20230628081112.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DougNiss said:

Hello from Leeds, UK. I'm an occasional bass player, and a touring backline and stringed instrument tech. I've got a bit more bass work coming up and looking to rejig my rig for something a bit more flexible. Current Bass is a Guild B301-A, and a short scale Squier Bronco. 

IMG20230628081016.jpg

IMG20230628081112.jpg

Welcome DougNiss 

22 minutes ago, DougNiss said:

IMG20230628081016.jpg

IMG20230628081112.jpg

Hi Niss, my name is Nils ! Welcome to hell/heaven ! 

10 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

Steady! Do not let Waddo read that one. 🤭

Welcome to you and that lovely little Guild.

Don't worry - Waddo exists only in 2 ways. 1st. if Waddo really wants to exist in Your head. 2nd. - too much whiskey from Your side. Othervise - he is a nice guy !

Edited by nilorius
  • Haha 2