Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD: Schroeder 21012L Bass Cab, 1000 watts, 4 ohms. - *SOLD*
£250
Potton, Central East Bedfordshire

Hi Folks,

Schroeder 21012L 1000w, 4 ohm Bass Cab, with fitted Hotcovers padded cover, for sale at £SOLD .

Schroeder cabs are hand built to the highest quality by Jorg Schroeder in the USA and you would be looking at somewhere around $1,000, plus import & shipping costs to buy a new and equivalent model. 

This is the lightweight 4ohm cab rated at 1,000 watts.

As can be seen in the photos, it's loaded with two front mounted 10” drivers and a 'folded' 12” neodymium driver, plus a 200w titanium bullet tweeter (adjustment for the tweeter is mounted on the rear input plate).

The cabinet weighs approx 49lbs (23kilo). Dimensions = 60 cms x 62 cms x 42 cms. 

Input is either via standard jack or by neutrik twist connector.

Also included is a heavily padded HotCovers cover (over £50 new).

The cab is working perfectly - drivers, horn and electronics are all good and doing what they should.

I would describe the exterior condition of the cab as 'good' , though it's clearly been used, as the photos show. 

I bought this at the start of the year on Facebook and have enjoyed using it at rehearsals and gigs where it's performed admirably; it's loud and punchy, and the unique design means it fills the room with ease! 

However, I’ve decided to put it up for sale as I want to go back to using bass cabs with ceramic magnets, as I just prefer the tone of them for some reason (even though that means carrying around a cab that's a lot heavier than this one).

I know that makes me a Luddite, but hey - I can live with it! 😁

Anyway, enough of my foolishness... This is a great cab and priced to sell to someone who I hope will make good use of it.

Collection from Potton, Central Bedfordshire much preferred though fully insured shipping (at buyers expense) is not totally out of the question if that's the only way to get a deal done.

And I'm also happy to drive up to an hour from my location to do a classic 'Basschat meet up' somewhere mutually convenient.

Trials welcome here in Potton and there will be plenty of tea/coffee on tap for you whilst you test the cab out with your own amp and bass to your heart's content. 

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM. 

Thanks for looking. 👍😊

Cheers 

Nik

IMG_20230608_092852.jpg

IMG_20230608_092907.jpg

IMG_20230608_092934.jpg

IMG_20230608_093000.jpg

IMG_20230608_093051.jpg

IMG_20230608_093103.jpg

IMG_20230608_093109.jpg

IMG_20230608_100847.jpg

IMG_20230608_092820.jpg

IMG_20230608_092400.jpg

IMG_20230522_210717.jpg

IMG_20230522_210728.jpg

IMG_20230522_210854.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
  • Like 8

@silverfoxnik you complete and utter barsteward you! 😤

Fancy putting this up for sale at such a tempting price in the same week the last of the parts arrived for my basschat 2x12 cab build. 
I used to own the carpet covered version of this cab before redundancy forced the sale some ten years ago. This cab punches way way way above its weight, and has the best dispersion of any cab I’ve played through and the only cab I can genuinely say I regret selling. 
Good luck with the sale but I’m warning you now, you’ll regret it later! 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JPJ said:

@silverfoxnik you complete and utter barsteward you! 😤

Fancy putting this up for sale at such a tempting price in the same week the last of the parts arrived for my basschat 2x12 cab build. 
I used to own the carpet covered version of this cab before redundancy forced the sale some ten years ago. This cab punches way way way above its weight, and has the best dispersion of any cab I’ve played through and the only cab I can genuinely say I regret selling. 
Good luck with the sale but I’m warning you now, you’ll regret it later! 

🤔

I think it might have been me you sold it to.... 🙄

So I'm a complete and utter barsteward on two counts! 😂

But thanks for the glowing review of these cabs.. They are very, very good! 

• Thanks 1

On 08/06/2023 at 15:16, silverfoxnik said:

Thanks @Lozz196

I don't know what the science is behind Schroeder cabs, but they do seem to work really well.. 

Is that third driver wired up?  Does it have a magnet? I therfore surmise it to be an ABR (auxiliary bass radiator)

They perform the same function as a port, but with the advantages of mass-damping and lack of port turbulence.

I should imagine that its positioning will a) put it's output back in phase with the 2 main drivers.  The void in front may be a slight version of horn-loading, which further improves the coupling between the ABR and the air in the outside world. 

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

55 minutes ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Is that third driver wired up?  Does it have a magnet? I therfore surmise it to be an ABR (auxiliary bass radiator)

They perform the same function as a port, but with the advantages of mass-damping and lack of port turbulence.

I should imagine that its positioning will a) put it's output back in phase with the 2 main drivers.  The void in front may be a slight version of horn-loading, which further improves the coupling between the ABR and the air in the outside world. 

Hi @Lfalex v1.1

Yes, the 12" driver is wired up and it has a magnet, as can be seen in the picture above (it's the one above the picture of the crossover?). 

There a downward facing ABR in my Mesa Boogie Walkable combo, and my old Celestion Ditton 15s hifi speakers had passive ABRs in them, so I'm familiar with that technology.

But in this Schroeder cab, all the drivers are wired up. 

• silverfoxnik changed the title to ON HOLD: Schroeder 21012L Bass Cab, 1000 watts, 4 ohms.
  • silverfoxnik changed the title to SOLD: Schroeder 21012L Bass Cab, 1000 watts, 4 ohms.