Why become a member? ×

Gofundme set up for Basschat member who unfortunately sent money to a false ad.

RikiB

https://gofund.me/467b4752

As some of you might be aware there was a few items listed yesterday on Marketplace for a short period of time,luckily users were quick to report them and were removed swiftly. Unfortunately one person did fall for the false ad using a genuine members account he/she had hacked into.

He sent £400 I believe. If we can make a small donation to him I think it would ease his anger having lost this money.

Edited by RikiB
  • Like 2

Wow so many nice people on here.

it’s at £130!

They’re transferring £9 today and then every day they transfer a percentage or something but takes 2 working days.

so I’ll save it and send it in £50s or something to Basstardz

• Like 1

Just an update. Looks like we’ve raised £215 for Basstardz. I have send him £9.46 and should receive £132.43 soon from Gofundme to sent to him then the rest in 2-4 working days so he’ll have all the dosh next week.

Thanks to all who were able to donate or share you truly are awesome people.

Ive selected close as I expect it’s all us on here donating and all those who will have by now so I can get the money sooner for him.

Edited by RikiB
  • Like 5

Sending £47.04 now that Gofundme sent.

so this is about £189 I’ve sent and the rest should go to me this week so he’ll have the full £215 to help him out.

again very grateful for all the kind donations made 

• Like 3

Well I just felt sickened and wanted to send him some money as I very nearly fell for it too. I was seconds away from sending £300 towards a bass he said he’d take £300 and then £150 when it gets here (all a scam) but luckily the real account holder messaged me saying that his account was hacked into and to not send money.

£300 is a lot of money to me so I would’ve been devastated.

At least this guy is getting over half his money back thanks to you guys.

a I donated £10 but expected other to maybe donate £2-3 to make up £40 or something but it’s far acceded that.

shows what a lovely bunch of blokes you are for a fellow bass player.

sadly don’t think they guy will get caught.

It was all convincing except the price (too good) and the PayPal address looked foreign so I hesitated luckily.

I messaged Basstardz the other day and he was very grateful to you all and said he’s been very busy but will get on here hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now we know someone on BC that knows how to set up a crowd funding thingy you'll be tagged for them all from now on. :biggrin:

This is why BC is such a wonderful place to be.  Looking after each other like one big happy family ........ well most of the time anyways.

We may occasionally argue with each other but hopefully we still respect each other enough to help out when it needed.

Its certainly made me a happy BC'er today. 

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Now we know someone on BC that knows how to set up a crowd funding thingy you'll be tagged for them all from now on. :biggrin:

This is why BC is such a wonderful place to be.  Looking after each other like one big happy family ........ well most of the time anyways.

We may occasionally argue with each other but hopefully we still respect each other enough to help out when it needed.

Its certainly made me a happy BC'er today. 

Dave

I didn’t have a clue but just googled it 😂 

only takes a few minutes.

• Like 1