Why become a member? ×

Fender American Deluxe P' Bass 2008

artisan

hi guys,
this bass is fooking lovely but it's also active & i just don't like active basses (so why did i buy it :) )
i bought it new from PMT in Leeds last november/december,it looks & plays superb with just about any tone available form it's onboard preamp.
build quality is 2nd to none--i kid you not--this bass is flawless & finished to perfection,plus it's got 22 frets instead of the usual Fender 20.
it is currently strung with La Bella extra light flats but i can stick the stock Fender rounds on it if you wish,it'll come with it's origional hard case etc too.
over the last couple of months i've considered having it converted to a fully passive bass (hence why i withdrew it last time) but it seems a shame to butcher such a nice bass & i'm shure a lot of players prefer active basses anyway so i thought sod it lets trade for a nice passive Fender instead.
time for some photo's

p.s. neck whole bass & neck is unmarked so please excuse just my sh*te photography

i'm looking to trade it for a nice MIA Jazz bass,4 string only & must be passive but i'd consider a good MIA P bass too.
ideally a 2008 spec Jazz is my first choice but i'll consider any good offer.
alternately if you wish to buy this bass outright the price is
£700.00 cash,
cheers,
now stop gawking & start buying :rolleyes:
art'

Edited by artisan

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='478581' date='May 3 2009, 09:40 PM']Holy sh*t that's one sexy bass... too bad I can't afford it until I've sold some other things. So I hope you have a good trade![/quote]

thanks Matt,looks like it's going today though.
thanks for the interest people :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='478934' date='May 4 2009, 12:51 PM']Bollocks :)[/quote]

sorry,i forgot how much you liked this at the bass bash,maybee i should have pm'd you.
but it's gone to a good home now.

[quote name='William James Easton' post='479719' date='May 5 2009, 10:11 AM']lovely to play, thought this was your baby?[/quote]

well so did i,but i just don't like active basses-they just don't sound "natural" to my lug 'oles

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='480264' date='May 5 2009, 07:03 PM']I have one of these - same as Artisan's but rosewood - and I do really like it but the lack of passive switching is a serious weakness.

Artisan, I remember you were looking into adding a passive switch. Did nothing come of that?[/quote]

i thought about that,then wiring the bass fully passive but decided i didn't want to butcher a perfectly good bass + i prefer the sound of my passive Jazz especially my Bacchus--now that is a nice bass.
i do miss the P dlx a little bit just for it's looks but i much prefer my jazz's.